Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet life giver doesn't combine with gear

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 25, 2012
I am a life wizard.

My gear gives me +7% damage to life magic.

I just got my unicorn to adult and she got Life Giver +2% damage to life magic.

With her equipped it shows my total bonus to life magic damage as +2%. It shows my other gear as +3 and +4 without the percentage mark on the character screen and the total of +3 +4 and +2% as +2%.

Is this a bug? Did I just take all the time to train her to adult for no benefit from this power?

3+4+2 = 2?

Thanks.

Survivor
Jun 25, 2012
Hi any thoughts on whether this is a bug or intentional

I guess if no one replies I can start randomly talking to people in the game with unicorns...

Explorer
Feb 12, 2011
I think you may have answered your own question, in a weird way. The 3 and 4 with no percentage symbol from your gear, are just "point" boosts - they are not a percentage. And they are not being calculated in the percentage total that displays in your stats. It just adds 7 points of damage to any damage spell you cast - no matter if you cast an imp or a centaur

The 2% on the unicorn gives you 2% boost to the base amount of the spell you cast. ( 100 damage becomes 102 and 500 damage becomes 510, assuming no other buffs/boosts)

Have you tried this - if you remove your unicorn, what is the damage boost percentage in your stats? and if you remove your gear, and equip just the unicorn, what is the percentage in your stats? this could be a quick way to see how the percentages are being displayed.

Hope I helped a bit

Cheers, from a fellow unicorn owner

Defender
May 19, 2012
I had the same thing basically happen with my death wizard, but after posting about it, and logging into the game again, it was fixed. Try logging in and out again and see what happens.