Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

pet derby won't start?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 04, 2009
When I try and join a ranked derby match, I will join up with a group and select the "Go to Arena" option. Then it will sit at the "waiting for opponent to confirm" screen way past the minute and something time limit every one has to accept and will remain there until I back out of the match. Could any one tell me what may be causing this? I have already tried the basic restarting of the program.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
skitzopath wrote:
When I try and join a ranked derby match, I will join up with a group and select the "Go to Arena" option. Then it will sit at the "waiting for opponent to confirm" screen way past the minute and something time limit every one has to accept and will remain there until I back out of the match. Could any one tell me what may be causing this? I have already tried the basic restarting of the program.

It is not a problem with the software of Wizard101, but rather the lack of derby players. PvP has a similar issue, but it doesn't regard level like pet derby does so matches come a lot faster, but you may end up dueling a legendary while your a magus. With Pet Derby, it is looking for only same level pets to race with you (whichever you have yourself). It sits for a long time waiting for someone to meet that criteria. The only option right now is to encourage more players to play the pet derby with the same level of pet as yours. Then hope for the best against any internet latency out there.

Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
racers are probably backing out at the last moment.. it's hard to get a derby match lately.. normally between 3-7pm are the best times, and usually i still have to wait to get one.