Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pendragon's SCC before defeating him? Bug.

AuthorMessage
Squire
Jun 13, 2011
While venturing into Keep of Ganelon in Avalon, I spotted the Pendragon's Second Chance Chest appearing before going into a duel with him, but, I didn't use it. After defeating the Pendragon, I properly used his SCC.

The point is, Second Chance Chests are supposed to appear after defeating the particular boss that has unique loot. I kindly ask of you to fix it so the Pendragon's SCC will only properly appear after defeating him in a duel. Using a SCC before defeating the boss is really unfair, getting early grabs of loot before defeating the boss that has unique loot, almost like an exploit no one should ever take.

Thanks!

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
I also took a group of wizards through here recently and noted that the SCC is really close to the door. If you have defeated the black and white dragons, and come back to cure King Artorius, and THEN try to access the Pendragon chest, you will not get a chance. Instead, you will start loading the quest-ending cinematic out in the hall.

Even if you approach the chest from farther inside the room, as soon as you are within range to see the chest tool tip appear, you will instead be forwarded to the hallway. This happened on two separate runs.

I have no idea if this has changed, or when. I don't usually bother with SCC

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
crunkatog on Oct 2, 2015 wrote:
I also took a group of wizards through here recently and noted that the SCC is really close to the door. If you have defeated the black and white dragons, and come back to cure King Artorius, and THEN try to access the Pendragon chest, you will not get a chance. Instead, you will start loading the quest-ending cinematic out in the hall.

Even if you approach the chest from farther inside the room, as soon as you are within range to see the chest tool tip appear, you will instead be forwarded to the hallway. This happened on two separate runs.

I have no idea if this has changed, or when. I don't usually bother with SCC
Hmm... maybe they should relocate that chest to some distance away from that hallway door? It may help to some trying to get to it before they get placed into the Restored Keep, after defeating the Black & White Dragons & healing him.

My point about this bug report is that the Pendragon's SCC appears before we duel against him in Keep of Ganelon, and it is purely not fair for anyone to receive it's riches before battling him. To attain them after defeating him is proper. If any may exploit that by using his SCC before dueling him, it would bring unfairness to all others & would be against the rules. This clearly cannot be unchecked. Wouldn't want that, now, would we?

I'm one who prefers to attain the unique loot drops from bosses' SCCs after defeating them fairly. Professor Greyrose, if you're around, I really hope this gets your attention.