Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Peculiar Occurrence w/ the Dungeon Recall Feature

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 07, 2010
I was assuming that the dungeon recall would work even in the event of disconnection.

While I was in a dungeon (to be specific, Tartarus), something went wrong with the internet connection, significantly disconnecting me from the game. I tried logging back in, and it didn't work. After a few minutes, I came back, and the dungeon recall button didn't appear, neither a resume button in the dungeon sigil.

I am certain that I wasn't gone for more than 30 minutes. It was pretty awkward to my teammates, I tried to return, but I wasn't able to.

I'm uncertain if it does really work in disconnection incidents. Maybe it is a glitch? Or maybe it does not really work at all.

Looking forward to a clarification/explanation.

Thank you.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Most likely you changed realms when you reconnected because the realm you were in was full.

Survivor
Apr 07, 2010
You might be correct, as I wasn't able to check my realm when I returned. But I was online in the time where most wizards are online, and the realm where I went inside, Ambrose, barely gets full at that time, most likely crowded.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
ROBB1005 on Mar 27, 2014 wrote:
You might be correct, as I wasn't able to check my realm when I returned. But I was online in the time where most wizards are online, and the realm where I went inside, Ambrose, barely gets full at that time, most likely crowded.
Ambrose is the first realm to fill.

Defender
Jan 02, 2011
seethe42 on Mar 25, 2014 wrote:
Most likely you changed realms when you reconnected because the realm you were in was full.
Changing realms isn't supposed to affect the dungeon recall button. And the changing realms shouldn't affect the resume feature.

If those are still a problem with the new dungeon features, KI needs to fix that and fast.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Dungeons close when you log out. (Or disconnect)

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Robobot1747 on Mar 29, 2014 wrote:
Dungeons close when you log out. (Or disconnect)
Very true. From the Player Guide:

"Dungeons must be completed to get full credit. Logging out, leaving through the Dungeon entrance, going to another dungeon, playing a Mini-game, going to a PvP or Derby match, or going to your home will reset the Dungeon. Leaving any other way gives you 30 minutes to return before the Dungeon resets."

Disconnect (at least disconnected long enough to fool the server that you have logged out) will result in a dungeon reset.

https://www.wizard101.com/w101playersguide/questing2

Dungeon Recall only appears:

"If you are defeated or teleported out of a dungeon that you were in alone, you now have the option to recall directly back to the start of that same dungeon."

Logging out or disconnecting is not listed.

https://www.wizard101.com/game/community/update-notes/march2014