Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Payed yesterday and can't play.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 27, 2009
Recently bought a subscription for this game not because i'm addicted, not because it's the best game my computer can run, and certainly not because it is graphically amazing, or has amazing gameplay. I payed for this game because occasionally I do enjoy logging in and having the nice happy atmosphere, and the card-based combat.

First impressions of this company were 'Wow, Kudos to you - this is a little small, light game that deserves applaud'

Now to my problem and concerns.

I was having no issues with lag, or anything of the sort - playing on max "graphics" and whatnot, I reached level 9 and decided - well, i'm putting an hour or two into this per day, and it's a nice vacation from my usual hardcore gaming per day, so I suppose it's worth my money, i'll give it a shot.

So I bought a month's subscription and 5000 crowns [already can see that it's a scam practically, but let's not get started]

Anyway, i've thrown enough upset AND compliments at the same time, so i'll get to the point!

I can't log in, when I do - the game is unplayable, I can't change realms/servers[whatever they're called in this game...] As it won't load due to the unplayable lag of doom.

Can I have some information from others as to whether the game is broken right now, or if this is an on-going problem and it isn't just me that it's happening to. I was fine and dandy until I payed , and then the game became unplayable. Not even in specific zones. Anywhere, it will now lag. and I mean lag in the MS/Server meaning. The problem is not at my end, ran plenty of speed tests & even played some of my other games that require alot of my internet.

Kind Regards, a person that sounds much more aggressive than they really are. :p

Administrator
Hi there Wizard!

I am so sorry you are experiencing these types of troubles! I can assure you that you making your purchase is unlikely the cause of your sudden login failures. I'd personally like to take a closer more personal look at this situation. Do you think you can send in a ticket through the support section of the website? Make sure to include a copy of your DxDiag and as much detail as possible. Hopefully we can get you up and running smoothly again quickly!

A DxDiag is a utility designed to display the specifications of the user's hardware, as well as to test DirectX software, including sound and video. If you are asked for this information in an email, it helps the support group relate your gaming issue to your personal computer.

To create a dxdiag.txt just go to Start -> Run (or Search in Vista) and enter dxdiag and click OK. Once the program has run it's course, click "Save all Information" and it will output a txt file that you can attach to your message.

Thanks!

Explorer
Jul 21, 2009
Not sure if this is the case...

But in you options - make sure that smoothing is OFF.
There was an update that this appeared and was on as default... it KILLED the playability on 2 pcs in my house.

Survivor
Nov 27, 2009
You both miss the point , or am I missing something? :). It's nothing to do with the graphics, this is purely a server/internet issue [which is not on my end :p] I am just wondering if others are having trouble at all.