Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Paused Elixir Glitch

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 07, 2016
I had a double pet xp elixir equipped, so when I logged on today and saw the member benefit for double pet xp event for this weekend, I knew that my elixir would be paused for the event. Sure enough, there was a big red cross-out on my elixir, and when I hovered over the elixir, it said it was paused.
...Then I noticed the time remaining going down. Not all at once! I did some things in my house, and realized the time remaining was at 10 minutes instead of 20. But I brushed it off - maybe I had misremembered, right?
Wrong. It went down to 8 minutes next, then 5, then 3. I thought I had identified the problem - the time would drop when I would move from one place to another, like from the exterior to interior for my house, or from Wizard City Commons into the pet pavilion. I thought maybe the elixir was accidentally being activated while I was in a loading screen, since sometimes my computer does lag there. The time dropping was NOT the same amount of time I spent stuck in a loading screen, however. At one testing, I was in a loading screen for maybe fifteen seconds, but I lost a minute and a half off of my elixir. This leads me to believe that the amount is tied to how long I am in that first location before leaving - there was a twenty second drop when I barely entered and then immediately left again, but a minute and a half when I stayed in the first location for about a minute before leaving again.

I finally lost my elixir - from 3 minutes to zero left - without even leaving a particular location, though. I was in the pet pavilion, walking around, when the elixir disappeared from the left-hand screen and the notification that it was gone appeared in my chat. So maybe it's just that there was an appearance of the elixir being paused, but it actually was counting down the entire time, just not showing that?

I do have screenshots of some of my attempts to see what was going on, but I can't figure out how to make the pictures small enough that they don't take up all of my characters allowed in this text box. The screenshots just show that the elixir is paused but still dropping, as I've stated above.