Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Patcher Stuck

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 22, 2009
Hey guys I need a some help. My patcher hangs up everytime trying to download ...city.WC_Tier2-Exterior.wad or something like that. Is there away to force a launch without updating files?

Thanks.

Me

Administrator
Given the trouble you've been having with this, I thought you might like to just review the logs yourself and download the files you need! Of course, we'll be happy to reviewing the logs if you prefer, but this should let you patch up without having to wait for us!

Step 1: Attempt to launch Wizard101. If you don't get stuck then get in there and save The Spiral!
Step 2: After the patcher gets stuck on a file, close Wizard101
Step 3: Open your Wizard101\PatchClient folder and check the BankA and BankB WizardLauncher.log.txt files. You'll want to look at the larger of the two.
Step 4: Open the larger of the two WizardLauncher.log.txt files (it can change between sessions, so be sure to check each time!) with Notepad or Wordpad
Step 5: Press Ctrl-F and search for "[ERRO]" without the quotes
Step 6: Scroll up a couple of lines and you should see a "Start downloading C:\...\Wizard101\..." line which indicates the file that the patcher is having trouble with. Find that file in the location listed and delete it. (if you don't see that nearby the [ERRO] just find the next one until you see the "Start Downloading...")
Step 7: The line below the file name should give a URL in parentheses. Copy and paste that URL into your web browser to download the file.
Step 8: Replace the deleted file with the downloaded version.
Step 9: Go to Step 5 and repeat. The patcher will often attempt to download the same file more than once, so be sure that you aren't doing the same thing again! If there is more than one file that it's getting stuck on, this should let you locate the others.
Step 10: Go to Step 1!

I think that should just about do it! You may end up having to repeat this a few times.

I hope this helps! If you run into any troubles with the instructions above, please let me know where you had the trouble by sending me a ticket (click on Contact Us under the Support section). If you'd rather we just send you a specific url, we're happy to oblige! Just send us your WizardLauncher.log.txt files and we'll let you know how to proceed. Good luck!