Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Patch before password?

AuthorMessage
Delver
Apr 02, 2010
KingsIsle, is there anyway you can change the game so that scanning and patching occurs BEFORE asking for the password? That way I could, for example, put Wizard101 in the startup folder, so that when I turn on the computer, W101 loads, it patches, and is waiting for my password?

I'm guessing it has to do with you want to be able to track who is trying to hack your program, but couldn't there be a way to just set a flag, or, if it is determined to be hacked keep quiet and still ask for the logon and password?

Administrator
That will not change, young Wizard.

You must verify who you are with your login and password before we will transfer files to your computer via the Wizard101 update.

community@wizard101.com
Delver
Apr 02, 2010
Fair enough.

OK, how about this. Give us the option to save the user name AND password, and the next time the game is loaded, start loading the patches right away using the previously saved username and password. Then after the patching is done, ask for the password again.

This way you have some sort of assurance about who the person is that is downloading the game, yet you still solve the problem of someone else walking up to the game and being able to monkey with the owners account.