Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

parker problem.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 24, 2013
so u know how theres spinners?
the ones that spin over and over

why dont they give a warning for the spinners?

they said spinning affects the servers in the game.
if it causes problems why isnt it stopped?

Survivor
Apr 02, 2017
I would only think spinners would mess with the servers through a mere population issue, not connection. I don't think it's a problem, or even a problem that is big enough for KI to have to deal with. Everybody spins once in a while. It'd make people really annoyed if they couldn't do that anymore.

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
this topic has been mentioned before;

I understand spinning, it's a visual Afk. No point in spinning for hours, it doesn't boost energy any faster.
But where people choose to spin is what often is annoying.

I have read on other sites that spinning can clog servers, but not sure if that is accurate or not.

If so, maybe a time limit on it? as of now, if you open your spell book while idle it keeps you on game for several minutes (enough to go afk, grab a bite, etc.). l haven't timed it, but at least 15 - 20 minutes from my own experience.

idk, when people start spinning right on top of me, it is annoying to have to keep changing realms. they should find a quiet corner, not right in front of the vendor in bazaar or the queue in arena?

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
A wizard spinning is the equivalent of the same wizard running, as we all do when moving through the game. The servers can't determine if a wizard is spinning or running so if a change were made to start booting players for "spinning", there is a good chance a wizard running from one place to another would inexplicably be booted.

We all use that ability from time to time and It would be more productive to discuss REAL issues with the game rather than a wizard spinning.

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
It doesn't cause any problems, but it is polite not to do it on a sigil or in a crowded spot. There's never a need to do it in the bazaar, since you don't time out while the shopping window is open.

Defender
Apr 18, 2014
In my personal opinion, there should be an AFK button, so that a mere <AFK> can appear next to your name. This feature is used in another game I play, as well as a Minecraft Server. It would be something to look into. If I ever need to spin for longer than an hour, I generally just log off. The only reason why it would cause trouble to others in the server is if their computers cannot handle so much graphical content at once. In that case, all they need to do is change realms. Not sure why it is such a big deal if it can be helped by the people who find it a problem.