Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ormund The Surly---8 Death Shields--Seriously

AuthorMessage
Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Yesterday I fought Ormund the Surly. Of course he is life so naturally he put up a death shield then another. OK, I thought so I proceeded to take those out and used a Life Prism on him. Next thing I knew, there was another death shield. HMMMMMMMM. Since I was solo and a life wizard myself, I started using treasure cards to do some damage to him and keep those death shields down. Didn't work. So that is now the third death shield. I hired a balance henchman since none of my friends were online at the time.

Before all was said and done, Ormund had 5 more death shields up plus the one he had before I had a henchman up. So with 6 now active death shields and the 2 that I had already knocked out that makes 8 total.

What gives KI with this many shields activated?

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
goldendragon18 wrote:
Yesterday I fought Ormund the Surly. Of course he is life so naturally he put up a death shield then another. OK, I thought so I proceeded to take those out and used a Life Prism on him. Next thing I knew, there was another death shield. HMMMMMMMM. Since I was solo and a life wizard myself, I started using treasure cards to do some damage to him and keep those death shields down. Didn't work. So that is now the third death shield. I hired a balance henchman since none of my friends were online at the time.

Before all was said and done, Ormund had 5 more death shields up plus the one he had before I had a henchman up. So with 6 now active death shields and the 2 that I had already knocked out that makes 8 total.

I do believe the life enemies use too many death shields. I can understand one or two shields, but in a course of a fight, I have seen six or more surrounding the enemy.

When I am playing my death wizard, I make sure I pack extra poisons in my deck when facing Life enemies. I also put in a few more strangle (death dispel), and add pierce treasure cards. These tactics seem to help when facing Life enemies.

Hannah Lifebringer level 60 Life

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
goldendragon18 wrote:

What you should do is make your deck small, then put a Life Prism on right at before he casts his Deathshield. That's what I did last night. It's really easy if you have a good tactic.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
Sorry, on my previous post, I missed the fact you were playing Life.

I have poison treasure cards in my deck that I use for my Life wizard. If you don't use a death wand, I would suggest getting one. That has helped me tremendously throughout the game. I also pack pierce cards in my side deck for the removal of shields. The fact they changed pierce to 0 pips and 100% makes them very practical to use.

Hannah Lifebringer level 60 Life

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
goldendragon18 wrote:

Life enemies can spam death shields. The trick is to cast your prisms as early as possible. If it gets in under the shield (put on him before he casts the death shield), then he can stack as many death shields as he wants. It won't matter because the attack will bypass all of them. Then its just a matter of blading and trapping for a one hit kill. Wouldn't hurt to bring along a few treasure poisons just to be on the safe side though...