Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Only Triton Avenue causes crash?

AuthorMessage
Hero
May 27, 2009
I'd like to know if Triton Avenue has different memory or other technical requirements than any other street in Wizard City. My newest wizard (Level 10 Ice) has crashed every time she enters Triton Avenue lately. I have entered from Olde Town, entered from Haunted Cave, and even entered from fighting the Kraken -- she takes two steps and my computer totally freezes. If I don't move, but simply click to go to the Commons or go Home to her dorm room, she's totally fine. Even the Bazaar does not cause any type of crash. Only Triton!

Any hints or help? I already submitted a bug report.

Survivor
Apr 14, 2009
Triton Avenue does have a lot of water in it, and it may cause memory issues. That is the only thing off the top of my head that may cause this. Also, if you can get into Colossus Blvd, head into there, and see if you get performance issues. As this area has a snowing effect in it, and occassionally causes me to lag some depending on the server load/internet performance.

Try lowering your Graphics settings in game. Specifically the Graphics Detail and Textures Detail. This can be done by pressing the "Esc" key, then clicking on the Video Options tab.

You may also try lowering or turning off the "Smoothing" option under the Advanced Video Options tab. I found that when this was introduced, that it was causing me an obscenely large amount of lag. I do have to warn you, lowering or turning this setting off may raise an issue with the Crown Shop, as I have seen this option suggested multiple times in relation to the Crown Shop.

I hope this helps, and generally the minimum requirements posted to a game takes into account or is set to the spot/area of the game that requires the most out of your computer and is fairly playable at that setting.

Survivor
Nov 02, 2009
I also have had massive lag and freezing issues in this zone only. Rest of the game runs good.

Survivor
Apr 14, 2009
Have either of you tried my suggestions? If so, have they helped or not. further help can be provided on knowing if these more common components are not the problem.