Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

ominous scarecrow

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 17, 2013
Hello

I have a ancient crop watcher pet that gives a ominous card at baby, but cannot get the card to cast the spell i've tried everything that I can think of to get to work but nothing has worked, if anyone knows how or who to talk to about fixing the problem please let me know

Thanks

Doglover25129

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Unless you are a death wizard or wear a Death Mastery Amulet, you cannot cast the spell because it's 8 pips. Power pips only count as 2 for your own school and mastery amulet.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
doglover716 on Dec 20, 2013 wrote:
Hello

I have a ancient crop watcher pet that gives a ominous card at baby, but cannot get the card to cast the spell i've tried everything that I can think of to get to work but nothing has worked, if anyone knows how or who to talk to about fixing the problem please let me know

Thanks

Doglover25129
Ominous Scarecrow spell needs 8 pips to cast it.

If you are a Death School wizard, you can use 4 Power Pips (which equals 8 regular pips) to cast it.

If you are NOT a Death School wizard, you will not be able to cast this spell. You would need 8 regular pips, and the maximum number of pips a wizard receives is 7.

If you have Death as your secondary school, and you purchase a Death Mastery Amulet, then you can use your Power Pips for the Death spells. This link explains the Mastery Amulets, in case you need more info:

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/ravenwood-commons/new-school-mastery-amulets-33761

Survivor
May 17, 2013
Thank you both for the help I got the amulet and works great