Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Old Smokey Glitch

AuthorMessage
Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Old Smokey is showing up in an area of the Ironworks, not previously seen. Before, you battled Old Smokey in the factory warehouse after completing the code. Now, Old Smokey appears directly under the Ironworks stray cat (at least the bridge where Zeke's cat is located). Was this intentional? The "secret" code area contains nothing now.

Survivor
Jan 26, 2011
Yes, he was moved some months back, and it was intentional. Why, I have no idea. :)

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
SpringRains wrote:
Yes, he was moved some months back, and it was intentional. Why, I have no idea. :)

Ok, thanks. It was likely moved when I was unable to play a few months ago. I am going through Marleybone again and thought it was odd to see him in that spot. I didn't see an announcement listed in the forums (at least searching under "Old Smokey"), so I thought maybe it was a bug.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Old Smokey used to be part of a quest known as "Beat the Bully", which involved the NPC Gus, and an NPC named Dusha Doxen, both of whom were located in the Counterweight Towers.

At some point in time, the Counterweight Towers were shortened; some of the bottom floors were taken out. Gus was moved to the new bottom floor of Counterweight East, but Dusha Doxen was not, and Old Smokey vanished.

Old Smokey drops many interesting items, and several players complained about his removal. KingsIsle found him a new home in the Ironworks.

(Fiction) Dusha Doxen was given a job at Barkingham Palace until if and when KingsIsle finds a new place for her in the game.

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
kingurz wrote:
Old Smokey is showing up in an area of the Ironworks, not previously seen. Before, you battled Old Smokey in the factory warehouse after completing the code. Now, Old Smokey appears directly under the Ironworks stray cat (at least the bridge where Zeke's cat is located). Was this intentional? The "secret" code area contains nothing now.

No, not a glitch. Instead, he has been changed to an Ironworks sideboss for you to beat for gold, a badge, and cool, special items. Yes, he has been moved.