Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Note on Aphrodite Battle

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Hello,

In the April 30 game update, a mechanic (which was always intended to be part of the encounter) was activated for the Aphrodite battle. When you cast a damage over time spell, you will receive a damage over time spell cast back at you as a response. However, the tendrils reactions are overzealous and will be toned down in a future update. In the meantime, avoid using damage over time spells in this battle (which is a good strategy for this boss in general).

We apologize for the inconvenience.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
May 29, 2009
I was doing an aphrodite run today and this new "mechanic" (deer knight) casted no less than 24 times. It could potentially have casted more had it not been for the fact that after about the 15th time or so all but one player on our team was dead. Hopefully in the future pet healing will no longer be a trigger the cheat as it is not a DOT (damage over time). I am definitely looking forward to that update. Until then fire elf or any DOT for that matter will certainly not be in my spell deck.

Brandon Sunsword Level 100

Administrator
This was resolved in the May 20 update.

The Deer Knights should not be so overzealous anymore. It is still a good idea to avoid using damage over time spells though.

community@wizard101.com