Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

No skills for ultra?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 31, 2010
I was feeding my pet some things from my backpack and they finally leveled up to ultra. This is my first pet that I have leveled to ultra. When I got to ultra, the normal screen popped up where they showed the skills and everything and where the new skills were meant to show up, it just had an unlocked skill there simply labeled "common". Is this normal to not get anything when your pet reaches ultra? is it a glitch with leveling via feeding backpack things? I am a little disappointed to be honest, but there isn't much that I can do.
Thank you for your response ahead of time. it is greatly appreciated.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Ashley Lifeheart on May 18, 2018 wrote:
I was feeding my pet some things from my backpack and they finally leveled up to ultra. This is my first pet that I have leveled to ultra. When I got to ultra, the normal screen popped up where they showed the skills and everything and where the new skills were meant to show up, it just had an unlocked skill there simply labeled "common". Is this normal to not get anything when your pet reaches ultra? is it a glitch with leveling via feeding backpack things? I am a little disappointed to be honest, but there isn't much that I can do.
Thank you for your response ahead of time. it is greatly appreciated.
Sadly at Ultra our pets do not learn a new skill. You will be given a star jewel (pet jewel) and this will usually be a common one. The benefit of levelling to Ultra is that you can use any star jewel on that pet now. The jewels have different level requirements, most needing the pet to be level Ancient or above. However some of the best jewels need your pet to be Epic, Mega or Ultra to equip the jewel.

The only time I take a pet to Ultra is when I have a jewel that requires level Ultra that I really want to use.

Sorry for your disappointment, many of us felt the same when we first levelled up that far. The good news is that you can use ANY star jewel on that pet now so hopefully your training will not have gone to waste and can still be really worth it.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Leveling to Ultra will get you an Ultra-level pet gem that boosts stats like Strength and/or Agility. You may now equip any Ultra-level gems on that pet. If you have a school Dealer, Assailant or other great Ultra-level gem, this is good news.

But otherwise, no. Our pets don't get any additional talents at Ultra, so it's only worth it to train that far if you have an Ultra gem already that you want to use.

Alia Misthaven

Explorer
Jan 12, 2013
Personally I take my pets to ultra for the jewel.

e.g. triple double pet (pain giver, proof, defy, school giver, school dealer) with max stats (255 250 260 260 250) gets 22% attack boost and 15% defense boost. If you place a mighty jewel in it for +65 strength, it goes up to 25% attack boost and 17% defense.

Max stat quad critical pet gets +112 critical. If you place a thinking cap jewel in it it goes up to +124 critical.

If you think about the effort people go to to get gear with 3% extra attack, 2% extra resist, or +12 critical, it really is worth it imho.

Similar goes for ward pets. (17 resist instead of 15 for each ward). Mighty and thinking cap etc all require ultra pets.

You could also get mighty as a talent and add defy or giver as a jewel which doesn't require ultra. However I prefer to keep selfish talents in jewels and have the useful talents in pet dna.

Survivor
Aug 31, 2010
Thank you guys so much. Part of me is sad to hear that this wasn't a glitch, but now I know better. Thanks for the replies