Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Update Causing Slow Connection?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 09, 2008
Is anyone else experiencing slow/bad connection after this new W101 update? I have been using the same internet at my home with this game for a long time with no problems and now all of a sudden when I play W101 I get bad game connection. For example, almost every time I leave/enter a building I get stuck on the loading screen and have to exit the game and open it back up again. I have to do this repeatedly. I'll also lose connection while playing pet games and just questing in general. It's not my internet because I can use my phone, PS4 and laptop just perfectly fine but when I play W101 the connection is awful.

Is anyone else having this problem since the new update??

Survivor
Apr 29, 2018
Yeah, same problem here... Everything is fine with phone and all.. Game was slow yesterday for me, and now I can't even get in

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
I'm having the same problem too staring today. Half the time I can't login into the game and If I can, the games freezes while trying to get in to it. Message board is also slow to get into. I restarted my computer a few time even clean out the cookies and junk. Still did not help. Will someone from KI please tell us why this is happening.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
danielson2284 on Jul 21, 2018 wrote:
Is anyone else experiencing slow/bad connection after this new W101 update? I have been using the same internet at my home with this game for a long time with no problems and now all of a sudden when I play W101 I get bad game connection. For example, almost every time I leave/enter a building I get stuck on the loading screen and have to exit the game and open it back up again. I have to do this repeatedly. I'll also lose connection while playing pet games and just questing in general. It's not my internet because I can use my phone, PS4 and laptop just perfectly fine but when I play W101 the connection is awful.

Is anyone else having this problem since the new update??
I am too.

Survivor
Dec 09, 2008
Also, when I log in and get to the character selection screen it says connection lost and I have to logout and start it back up again. Every time!!

Survivor
Mar 01, 2009
I have long (10 minutes) bouts of lag where I can do nothing. Creatures walk in straight lines. Quest NPCs vanish. In combat nothing happens and when I get back, it all happens at once. Many times if I am in a fight with others, I will be in a second, entirely different fight. It always lags when someone jumps into my fight. It often seems to lag on the hour. Other than tha, there seems to be no rhyme nor reason to it. I cannot even log out of game when it happens.

My machine is top end, capable of running Ark Survival Evolved at top settings. I can alt-tab and do everything as normal. Sometimes it seems going to a browser and starting some data flow gets things unstuck, but not so much since the patch went live. It all seemed to start about 3-4 days before it went live for me.

Survivor
Dec 09, 2008
I’m glad i’m not the only one having these problems. It’s definitely something on KI’s end. Funny thing is, I play Pirate101 as well and have absolutely no connection issues when I play. But when I log onto Wiz, I lag and lose connection all the time. Something about the update messed it up, I read other posts on different forums of players complaining about connection issues on Wiz too. It would be great if a moderator responded about to our issues so we’re not left in the dark.

Survivor
Apr 29, 2018
danielson2284 on Jul 21, 2018 wrote:
Also, when I log in and get to the character selection screen it says connection lost and I have to logout and start it back up again. Every time!!
How is it now? Is it still slow or is it a little better? Website is now loading perfectly, and message boards as well.

Defender
Jan 16, 2010
My game wasn't letting me in this morning around 11:30ish EST, but this evening everything seems to be back to normal for me. I tested a fight with a haunted minion on a perfect server and a crowded one, and then ported to the commons, and found that everything seemed just fine for me.

So whatever was wrong, seems to have been fixed now?

I too, though, was getting the "log-in" log back out thing, and my screen was white, and wasn't loading. The one time I was able to connect, it just kept saying "trying to connect" for a really long time, which made me X out of my browser and try again. When I tried again though, I not only couldn't get into the game, I couldn't get on the message boards either. The boards wouldn't even load for me, and my connection was just fine because I was able to do other things.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
I don't know what happen yesterday but everything is good to go now. I'm still curious about what caused the login problem

Survivor
Dec 09, 2008
Yeah everything seems to be working fine for me now *crosses fingers*. KI must have fixed it xD