Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

new spells problems

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
838
all the professors in ravenwood have new spells

all the spells can be trained

All the spells can be added to the spell deck

In combat, none of the new spells show up to be selected.

Administrator
crystalwizard12345... on Dec 1, 2021 wrote:
all the professors in ravenwood have new spells

all the spells can be trained

All the spells can be added to the spell deck

In combat, none of the new spells show up to be selected.
Did you use the spells in Player vs. Player combat or Player vs. Environment combat?

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
1660
Another reason why if they are PVP only, they should go on a separate vendor such as Diego (though if the plan is to make them PVE available then we might not want to change where they are multiple times, though I and others feel that dumping them all onto the Ravenwood professors is not the best choice.)

Survivor
Aug 08, 2012
28
crystalwizard12345... on Dec 1, 2021 wrote:
all the professors in ravenwood have new spells

all the spells can be trained

All the spells can be added to the spell deck

In combat, none of the new spells show up to be selected.
the new spells are for PvP only. You can see this from the little sword icon at the bottom-center of the image.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
838
Maceryn on Dec 3, 2021 wrote:
Did you use the spells in Player vs. Player combat or Player vs. Environment combat?
PVE.

After I posted the original information, I found out they were PVP only. I would never have trained them at all had I known that. I don't PVP and don't want PVP only spells cluttering up my spell book.

And there was nothing that told me they were PVP only when I was training them.

You guys really need to fix that. maybe a popup that says "this spell can only be used in PVP, do you still want to train it" or something.

Survivor
Dec 17, 2010
2
I have the same issue on my Life Level 147 but all working fine on my Balance Level 125. I have not tried either in Player v's Player mode.

Delver
Jun 10, 2012
239
crossed sword mean only PvP
they dont show on PvE

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
838
Christopher FrogWe... on Dec 4, 2021 wrote:
the new spells are for PvP only. You can see this from the little sword icon at the bottom-center of the image.
obviously that obscure icon didn't mean anything more to me than all the obscure and unexplained icons on various spells do, now did it?

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
838
exp613 on Dec 3, 2021 wrote:
Another reason why if they are PVP only, they should go on a separate vendor such as Diego (though if the plan is to make them PVE available then we might not want to change where they are multiple times, though I and others feel that dumping them all onto the Ravenwood professors is not the best choice.)
Agreed. They should go to one of the existing PVP vendors, not to the school teachers

or

Give the teachers a new tab - labled PVP spells - and make it clear.

Survivor
Dec 06, 2021
1
Hi guys,
I have recently come across a problem in my Life playthrough: I am level 28 and have just learned Regenerate + Hunter wyrm. I was really looking forward to using hunter wyrm, but every time I'm in battle, it never appears, even if its the ONLY spell in my deck. I definitely have the correct deck equipped and I have tried logging out and in multiple times. Please HELP! I don't want this to be a recurring issue with new spells!

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
838
Nyxxiene on Dec 15, 2021 wrote:
Hi guys,
I have recently come across a problem in my Life playthrough: I am level 28 and have just learned Regenerate + Hunter wyrm. I was really looking forward to using hunter wyrm, but every time I'm in battle, it never appears, even if its the ONLY spell in my deck. I definitely have the correct deck equipped and I have tried logging out and in multiple times. Please HELP! I don't want this to be a recurring issue with new spells!
yeah, that's the entire point of this thread. those are PVP spells and will only show up if you'e in pvp.

but KI hasn't made any effort to make it obvious they are pvp only - and it's confused a lot of people

Survivor
Dec 19, 2021
1
Hello, i just learning the Hunter Wyrm spell for life and im trying to use it but for some reason, i cant draw the spell. I only have one deck in my inventory and thats the one thats equipped so thats not the issue. I have 4 copies of the spell in my deck and within 3 different fights, i drew my whole deck not drawing a single copy of the card. I tried relogging but still no copies were drawn. I have the Deck of Chivalry equipped if it helps.

Is anyone else having this issue with this spell or any others?

Administrator
Reznor31 on Jan 24, 2022 wrote:
Hello, i just learning the Hunter Wyrm spell for life and im trying to use it but for some reason, i cant draw the spell. I only have one deck in my inventory and thats the one thats equipped so thats not the issue. I have 4 copies of the spell in my deck and within 3 different fights, i drew my whole deck not drawing a single copy of the card. I tried relogging but still no copies were drawn. I have the Deck of Chivalry equipped if it helps.

Is anyone else having this issue with this spell or any others?
Hello!

This spell is only allowed in Player versus Player combat.

If you try to use Hunting Wyrm while fighting a boss or mob it will not show up in your deck.

Sorry for any confusion!

Explorer
Sep 19, 2016
67
Why does the Hunting Wyrm card not appear in my deck? I have two blades, two traps and two Hunting Wyrms placed there.

Explorer
Sep 19, 2016
67
Stormwind 8108 on Dec 6, 2021 wrote:
crossed sword mean only PvP
they dont show on PvE
Oh, Okay I didn't know that. Thanks.

Survivor
Jul 03, 2010
8
DeathGem67 on Feb 5, 2022 wrote:
Why does the Hunting Wyrm card not appear in my deck? I have two blades, two traps and two Hunting Wyrms placed there.
Hunting Wyrm is a PvP spell. That means it will not appear in your hand in an active PvE battle. Only in PvP!

A PvP spell is identified by the crossed swords symbol in the bottom center of the spell card. If it is not there, it's allowed in both PvE and PvP. If there is a crossed swords symbol but with a red cross-out symbol overlay, it is not allowed in PvP and only in PvE.

Survivor
May 04, 2012
2
crystalwizard12345... on Dec 7, 2021 wrote:
obviously that obscure icon didn't mean anything more to me than all the obscure and unexplained icons on various spells do, now did it?
I agree that it should be added the the in game icon dictionary that is available in the help section. Even so, I thought you would've noticed that they all had the icon and assumed that not showing up in the spell deck was related to said icon. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
838
CrowningLifeheart on Feb 8, 2022 wrote:
I agree that it should be added the the in game icon dictionary that is available in the help section. Even so, I thought you would've noticed that they all had the icon and assumed that not showing up in the spell deck was related to said icon. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I refer you back to what I said. Obviously that icon meant nothing to me. Most of the icons on things mean nothing to me and I'll bet I'm not the only one.

Adding the icon to the dictionary is not the solution - how many players 1. know the dictionary exists and 2. bother to look at it if they do know it exists?

The spells should not be gainable through the teachers but rather from the PVP venders

There should probably also be a tab in the spell book for PVP spells just like there's a tab for treasure cards

I've been playing Wizard101 since it first came out, and the icon STILL didn't mean anything to me.

Survivor
Feb 08, 2022
1
hey I just unlocked the life spell, hunting wyrm, but It won't show up in my hand. when I put it in my deck I go through the whole thing without seeing it once. I've even tried taking all of my other cards out of the deck and still no luck. Can someone help me it looks like a really cool card and I want to use it.

Defender
May 27, 2013
138
I was excited to try the Phantastic Jinn, but was faced with some big bosses. I piled about 7 copies into a big deck along with other attacks. Fight after fight I began to notice that it never was dealt into my spell hand. I removed all other attacks and just had blades...and I'll be doggone, but the deck ran out, never having pulled one of the Jinns. They take up space in the deck, but it's like they shrink the deck by that number of spaces and never show up in combat.

Help?