Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Spell Request - Reflect Damage

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 28, 2009
I would like to see a new spell in the game that would reflect a % of damage back to the caster. This could effectively cripple large spells with multiple buffs. Then the caster would have to decide if they were willing to take a hit in order to do the damage. I was thinking it should be an X pip spell (make it something like 5-10% damage reflected per pip). The only thing I can't decide is what school it should be in. Seems like it would work for any school.

Defender
May 06, 2009
If you don't make it school specific, and even if so, this would be a very very powerful spell. And I don't mean that in a good way.

All I can say is -- imagine this spell is used against you, as you know it would be. Imagine it being thrown up as a defense for one of the big bosses in the late levels, the ones with 8k, 9k, 10k health. They cast a 4-pip reflect that throws 20% (or 40%!) of that triple-bladed, double-trapped, feinted, prism'd helephant you just cast, back at you. You cause them 5k of damage (can happen easily), and take 1-2k back on yourself. Big big ouch, especially for just a few pips (two power pips would do it) from the defender. Chances are, you are now dead.

I would be fuming.

Survivor
Dec 09, 2008
Maybe, but it might unbalance the Storm school in PvP, which does high damage but has low health. Death school, too, maybe, since they seem to rely on a lot of buffs. Also, it would be almost useless against Fire's damage-over-time, which can be high when added up.

Also, most schools already get spells which can remove blades or traps, thereby reducing some of the large spells without totally crippling them.

Defender
May 28, 2009
Yes, I realize that this could be seriously damaging to my own character at some point. I will and others playing the game will have to seriously consider strategy with a spell like this out there. This is no different than having tower, feint, and stun to deal with now. It take more strategy, planning, and contingencies to counteract or overcome whatever the opponent has done to thwart your effort. I don't really see this as a massive problem with bosses because they do not get power pips, but in PvP something like this could really level the playing field. However, after more programmatic consideration I think that this would be nearly impossible for KI to implement. If two characters in the ring had one of these shields on and someone threw 500 damage then 50% was reflected and it hit another shield on the caster..... when does it end. The rules for it would have to be very strict. Well, it sounded better in my head. Besides, if they did work out the kinks and implement it you would quickly start seeing post complaining about chain reflectors. lol