Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Need refund or code

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 16, 2014
I got a 10$ wizard 101 gift card from family dollar with a blue dragon on the front. Now if you are looking to make a dragonfly(meaning you have also spent money on the bee pack) then you would have learned that there is a blue dragon called the armor dragon that can be used with the bee to get this pet. So you go to where they are found, get the correct cost gift card with the correct pet on the front, and redeem that code. But wait... that isn't an armor dragon on my redemption screen, that is an aqua dragon that cannot make a dragonfly. It happens to look exactly like the armor dragon and come from the same gift card at the same price from the same store. Now i have spent 50$ dollars to get this pet and the last ten got me nothing. That seems a little unfair don't you think? Now that i have scratched the card and used the code i cannot get a refund from the store. Thus it seems only fair that i get some sort of compensation, heck i'll delete the aqua dragon and post proof if i get it. I would at the very least like an explanation for what i can only describe as just not cool and unfair. for those of you who read sorry for the text wall -.- I'm just a little upset right now. Forever a supporter ~Valkoor Daymancer

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
jebarn4 on Dec 9, 2016 wrote:
I got a 10$ wizard 101 gift card from family dollar with a blue dragon on the front. Now if you are looking to make a dragonfly(meaning you have also spent money on the bee pack) then you would have learned that there is a blue dragon called the armor dragon that can be used with the bee to get this pet. So you go to where they are found, get the correct cost gift card with the correct pet on the front, and redeem that code. But wait... that isn't an armor dragon on my redemption screen, that is an aqua dragon that cannot make a dragonfly. It happens to look exactly like the armor dragon and come from the same gift card at the same price from the same store. Now i have spent 50$ dollars to get this pet and the last ten got me nothing. That seems a little unfair don't you think? Now that i have scratched the card and used the code i cannot get a refund from the store. Thus it seems only fair that i get some sort of compensation, heck i'll delete the aqua dragon and post proof if i get it. I would at the very least like an explanation for what i can only describe as just not cool and unfair. for those of you who read sorry for the text wall -.- I'm just a little upset right now. Forever a supporter ~Valkoor Daymancer
KingsIsle does not give refunds. But it might have helped if you had read this before buying those gift cards.

""""Each card comes with a Free Pet. The pets change each month and the pet you receive depends on when you REDEEM the card, not when you PURCHASE the card. Prepaid game cards cannot be combined for larger purchases and cannot be used to unlock Open Chat. After purchased and activated in the store, prepaid game cards can be redeemed in Wizard101 at a later time.""""

That can be found at the top of the page at this link.

https://www.wizard101.com/game/prepaid-card

If you scroll down the page to find the Store (Family Dollar) It also tells you that the card gives the Aqua Dragon in the month of Dec. 2016.

If you are looking for a specific pet from a gift card, check the above link each month until the one you want shows up. And make sure the Store carrying that pet card is near you.

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
Check the wiki for the dates, different months of redemption give different pets. For this particular pet, only this card can currently redeem it (others were retired):

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Item:Family_Dollar_$10_USA_Gift_Card#axzz4S8qgY3fy

The Armor Dragon can be redeemed from this card in the months of March and September. You should've checked to ensure that you were getting the correct pet while redeeming. However, if you were unaware, try contacting support and opening a ticket regarding your issue.