Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Myth spell: Stun

AuthorMessage
Hero
Sep 08, 2008
Hello wizards. I had taken a break from wizard101 for a good half a year, and coming back, I was really excited with all the patches and upgrades KingsIsle has done. I was also really excited about the mounts and such.

I returned to playing my level 29 Myth wizard. At the completion of "Mything persons" quest, I received a Myth spell called Stun.

The card description reads something like blocking/stopping an opponent from taking their next turn.

The opponents kept casting spells like usual, and were not "stunned" at all. (A shield had appeared in front of then, signifying that the Stun was in effect.)

I now assume that it simply prevents a *physical* attack. I am not 100% sure, so I would really like to know exactly what it does.

Survivor
Feb 25, 2010
I was wondering the same thing, it would be really great to get answer to this question. :D

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
It depends who you use it on.

Foe example:

Meowiarty wont be stuned

but...

a lost soul might get stuned

Stuns..
-doesnt work on most bosses
-work on most enimes from WC to MS
-mostly fails
-and the sad part is that you get blinding light which stuns all eneimes. I find it as much as a ripoff as spending 10$ on a plate with a crayon design

Delver
May 31, 2009
Hero
Sep 08, 2008
Oooh I see.

When I had played last year, I saw a very few players actually use the Stun spell, but an effect was not readily apparent, and back then, you did not have the shield pop up.

I assume you can only have one single Stun spell up at a time, since a second one simply destroys the "Stun" shield. In this case, the description of Stun given to you on the card does not necessarily apply. (Would a failed stun attempt still generate a shield on the monster?)

I also assumed, that Stun perhaps is only successful in battles where we players get the first turn of the round. (Since the "round" is over once both player and monster have taken one single "turn"). As of yet, I don't think I ever actually used Stun in a battle in which I actually got the first turn of each round.

If any of the Wizard101 Professors are reading this, would you be able to answer the question as to what the Stun does?

Thanks guys :)