Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

My 18+ Chat

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 29, 2010
For some reason my 18+ chat is not an option in my account settings. I am currently over the age of 18, but was not when the account was made. I don't know if that's part the problem, but whatever it is I'd like to know. I pay monthly and bought crowns just a few days ago, yet no option. I have two younger brothers in my family plan, they both have the ability to turn that chat on. The eldest of the two who is also older than 18 is currently using it, yet I still can't. I've gone to every corner of the website to see if I could figure it out but I can't seem to get to the bottom of it. Again to be clear there is literally no check box for either off or on for the 18+ text, no hint of it whatsoever but it is there on both of the other accounts. What's the issue and can I fix it, I can't communicate with my friends anywhere near as well as I'd like.

Delver
Dec 15, 2009
Cameron MythMancer on Jun 7, 2016 wrote:
For some reason my 18+ chat is not an option in my account settings. I am currently over the age of 18, but was not when the account was made. I don't know if that's part the problem, but whatever it is I'd like to know. I pay monthly and bought crowns just a few days ago, yet no option. I have two younger brothers in my family plan, they both have the ability to turn that chat on. The eldest of the two who is also older than 18 is currently using it, yet I still can't. I've gone to every corner of the website to see if I could figure it out but I can't seem to get to the bottom of it. Again to be clear there is literally no check box for either off or on for the 18+ text, no hint of it whatsoever but it is there on both of the other accounts. What's the issue and can I fix it, I can't communicate with my friends anywhere near as well as I'd like.
Make sure you account is set to over 18. If it is not, you will need to contact support to change it.

Also note you need to have a valid credit card on file before you can allow Open Chat.

Survivor
Sep 06, 2015
how do you make sure it is over 18
i would really like to know for i am experiencing the same problem

Survivor
Jul 25, 2010
Like Malvin said, you need to have made a credit card purchase and be over 18 to have open chat.