Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Merle summons me back for nothing?!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 08, 2010
Well, when I got to level 25, the Merle icon appeared on the right side of my screen and I clicked on it, telling me to return asap. When I did he didn't have any new quests for me.
Now I'm level 30 the same thing happened, I went back and still no new quest.
Is there something wrong?

Please read before you post. At the very top of these boards is mention of this issue, and a link to the explanation in our Known Bugs.

Merle seems to be back to some bad habits of calling Wizards to his side when they level, and then not having anything for them when they arrive. Unless Merle has a symbol over his head, he's just checking to make sure you're paying attention to your studies!

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Defender
May 30, 2009
Prospector Zeke wrote:
Unless Merle has a symbol over his head, he's just checking to make sure you're paying attention to your studies!

Lol that's cute. How come they don't just completely fix the problem? I mean, it's been going on for months now and it's really annoying.

Survivor
Jul 11, 2010
The same exact thing happens to me and I thought he was letting me go to a new world, and I went back there for nothing, that just wasn't fair to me! But after I left his home, I thought, Maybe he's checking that I'm paying attention.
P.S. Everyone have fun in the Spiral! :D

Explorer
Sep 05, 2010
Its just a bug, nothing to worry about. Its even happening to me, but I just choose to ignore it.

Survivor
Oct 16, 2010
Actually, I think they did it on PURPOSE, so they can just bug you or something, because when Headmaster Ambrose summons me for nothing, he says stuff that doesn't appear anywhere else on the game. Unless those were... rejects. :P

Survivor
Jul 11, 2010
Shockdude72 wrote:
Its just a bug, nothing to worry about. Its even happening to me, but I just choose to ignore it.
I know dude, but it happens to EVERYONE.

Survivor
Aug 03, 2010
The same thing happened to me, when i got to lvl 30 magus. Its really annoying cause i thought it was important. -Taylor StarSword lvl 40 master storm

Survivor
Jul 11, 2010
Prospector Zeke wrote:
Please read before you post. At the very top of these boards is mention of this issue, and a link to the explanation in our Known Bugs.

Merle seems to be back to some bad habits of calling Wizards to his side when they level, and then not having anything for them when they arrive. Unless Merle has a symbol over his head, he's just checking to make sure you're paying attention to your studies!
Thanks for telling us Prospecter Zeke.

Survivor
Jul 11, 2010
dec5th wrote:
The same thing happened to me, when i got to lvl 30 magus. Its really annoying cause i thought it was important. -Taylor StarSword lvl 40 master storm
It happens to EVERYONE k, relax.

Defender
Jul 13, 2009
Ya that's been happening to me alot, like my storm wiz became a master yesterday and the headmaster called me back saying there was trouble in grizzlehiem but when I went to him he didn't have anything for me.

Survivor
Jun 02, 2010
Shockdude72 wrote:
ya i know and people are always complaing its just a bug really

Survivor
Jul 29, 2008
I remember that he called me saying that I had a package but when I got there, nothing. And when I got another saying he had something for me to do, again nothing. I think that its just a glich.

Survivor
Jun 28, 2010
What if it happens with your teachers because once Cyrus Drake did that but when i went to him, he didnt have anything i could.
-A Myth Wizard

Survivor
Aug 25, 2010
dec5th wrote:

i agree i am a fire wizard too and it did that to me too also not only one ambrose thing popped up but two popped up.

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2010
Prospector Zeke wrote:

You forgot, He will have the quest if you finished a specific place of grizzleheim. Then he will have the quest.

Survivor
Sep 16, 2009
cameron225 wrote:
Ya that's been happening to me alot, like my storm wiz became a master yesterday and the headmaster called me back saying there was trouble in grizzlehiem but when I went to him he didn't have anything for me.
I did that to but you got to go to grizzlehiem and talk to the guy in front of the kings house or castle or what ever it is.
lvl 41 ice and fire

Defender
May 17, 2009
Prospector Zeke wrote:

He is not just checking up on your studies because one time he says, "I loathe to interrupt your studies young wizard...." So can Kingsisle please tell me what is really going on?