Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

May Cast Has Never Been Casted

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 08, 2012
My Mischievous Minstrel pet has a "May cast entangle" pet ability, but in the many months i've had her, she has never casted it. Has anyone every had this happen or have a reason why it has never been casted?

Survivor
Jan 17, 2016
Try to feed your pet, and level up her!

I am always feeding my pet.

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
I believe it's random. I used to hear rumors of certain actions or spells in battle that are supposed to trigger maycasts more than others, but I never put much stock in that. I have a pet that's supposed to maycast death trap but it's done that only a handful of times in the 2-3 years I've had it.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
There are certain triggers. For example, I have a pet that has maycast Weakness and maycast BlackMantle. I generally only use AOEs so it never casted. I have to use a single attack and then it has a chance (still somewhat small one) of casting either (or when it does cast it generally does both) on the enemy. Hope that helps.

Survivor
Aug 03, 2012
nosam31 on Jul 27, 2016 wrote:
My Mischievous Minstrel pet has a "May cast entangle" pet ability, but in the many months i've had her, she has never casted it. Has anyone every had this happen or have a reason why it has never been casted?
It says on the wiki that it is triggered by you successully casting a spell. So it should happen when you attack, and that it doesn't kill. lol

Explorer
Mar 29, 2010
I have started a thread on this called May Cast Pet Talents and Their Rates. The may cast dispel talents are a scam. In fact, I believe they have been completely turned off, or rendered so low the chances of them being triggered are almost zero. I have 6 pets with three or more may cast dispels. NEVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER EVER has any dispel been triggered. That's after thousands of attempts.

Many of the may cast talents have been made pretty much obsolete. Money and time well spent, right?

Survivor
Jun 08, 2012
MrFlin t on Jul 28, 2016 wrote:
I have started a thread on this called May Cast Pet Talents and Their Rates. The may cast dispel talents are a scam. In fact, I believe they have been completely turned off, or rendered so low the chances of them being triggered are almost zero. I have 6 pets with three or more may cast dispels. NEVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER EVER has any dispel been triggered. That's after thousands of attempts.

Many of the may cast talents have been made pretty much obsolete. Money and time well spent, right?
Thank you for the answer!

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
MrFlin t on Jul 28, 2016 wrote:

That's because too many people whine about dispels in PVP so look what happened....