Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Master of Balance and Hydra Pet

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 02, 2011
About ten minutes ago, I completed the quest that rewards the Power Nova spell. From what I know, in order to receive the Master of Balance badge, you need to have learnt every balance spell in the game (at least i'm pretty sure ). Well when I completed the quest, I received the badge, and my hydra pet. As well as the badge, when I look at the hydra pet's egg, it tells me that it has over 29508 hours until it hatches . Now i'm not to sure how long it should take to hatch, but i'm pretty sure that this is a bit longer then ususal. I searched for a topic similar to this, but I couldn't find any, and I wasn't to sure where to go with this, so I decided this forum. If it isn't the right place, sorry.

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
Consistent wrote:
About ten minutes ago, I completed the quest that rewards the Power Nova spell. From what I know, in order to receive the Master of Balance badge, you need to have learnt every balance spell in the game (at least i'm pretty sure ). Well when I completed the quest, I received the badge, and my hydra pet. As well as the badge, when I look at the hydra pet's egg, it tells me that it has over 29508 hours until it hatches . Now i'm not to sure how long it should take to hatch, but i'm pretty sure that this is a bit longer then ususal. I searched for a topic similar to this, but I couldn't find any, and I wasn't to sure where to go with this, so I decided this forum. If it isn't the right place, sorry.
the bad news is that this only gives you a bit less than 3 and a half years to decide what to rename your pet once it hatches. however, the hydra's hatch time is supposed to be 18 hours. if it doesn't hatch in a day and a half after you got it, i'd recommend sending an e-mail to support. as for the badge, the master of school spell badges were most likely set up when the level cap was still 50 and nova blast was your highest spell. i don't think a change is necessary for this, because at levels 40 through 50, your title is master sorcerer. so, with the level 48 spell, you Are a master of sorcery... just my thoughts on that. hope this helped. -corwin sandstalker, grandmaster sorcerer

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
I had the same thing happen with my Sea Dragon. It hatched, but then it said it would hatch in 1,119,046 hours. So all I had to do was wait another 136 years for my pet, which seemed a touch too long.

Luckily, when I logged out and logged back in, my unhatched hatched pet was really hatched.