Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mark an area

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 19, 2009
So I've noticed that when I mark an area, no matter what my level, it just lasts one time.
Before if you were higher level/had alot of mana,** didn't it last a few times?

My level 5 Balance wizard uses less mana, 12, and the mark lasts one use.
My level 41 Life wizard uses more mana, 71, and the mark lasts one use.

I don't see the point of the extra mana use for the same lasting mark?

**I can't remember if the amount of mana had effect :P

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
I've never noticed a mark lasting more than one port. The amount of mana used is a percentage of your total mana, generally however much two mana wisps are when you refill.

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
Marks have always only lasted for one time. Setting a mark uses 20% of what your max mana is (not your current mana level).

Personally, I think charging a percentage of your max mana is a stupid idea. Should it really cost my grandmaster wizard so much more when all he is going to do is jump to the Basilica to refill health and mana, then it does another wizard in KT who uses it to hop worlds in order to go to the bazaar and back?

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Preacher7719 wrote:

Personally, I think charging a percentage of your max mana is a stupid idea. Should it really cost my grandmaster wizard so much more when all he is going to do is jump to the Basilica to refill health and mana, then it does another wizard in KT who uses it to hop worlds in order to go to the bazaar and back?

Mana costs and restoration are consistent. It costs 20% of maximum mana to set down a mark, and each blue wisp restores 10%. Setting down a mark will cost the player two blue wisps to restore.

The other way, having a fixed cost and restore of perhaps 3 mana each, would be cumbersome; it would take a long time to refill the bottle of a grandmaster, short of playing a game or buying a potion.