Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Many, many issues after the new update

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 09, 2010
1. Sometimes during combat I cannot blade myself (I noticed this happening twice, each time after somebody joined my battle) and I am forced to just pass.
2. Ridiculous load times sometimes going into areas and delays when teleporting and I know that it's not my wifi
3. I've had my mouse cursor disappear before during battle, but this time was different. First, while choosing cards, there's an odd pattern attached to the mouse, which looks like the bugged out Missing No. Pokémon. Then on the next turn while choosing cards the mouse just disappears. I can alt-tab out and my mouse appears like normal but then coming back to the game it's still gone.
3. I'm really hoping that this is not a problem with my actual laptop (a razer blade stealth if that detail is important at all) but since this has never happened before to me I suspect it might be an issue with wizard101. The problem itself is that when I close out of the game (which I did after the disappearing mouse cursor issue), my screen is totally black. I can alt-tab and see other things open on my computer but I can't open or switch to them. The black screen persists.
4. Normally spells always have preset camera movements while casting spells and whatnot, but today sometimes they would be totally ignored. For example, it happened twice casting forest lord (the camera panned back to the perspective you get when you first enter a battle and you're walking around with the camera behind your wizard) and another time it happened while casting a spell and the camera never looked at the wizard but instead remained above as if we were still choosing cards.
Many people seem to be having issues with their game, whether it be lag or wonky interactions, so good luck. :)

Champion
Sep 01, 2009
I had an issue this morning with targeting a mob during battle: I couldn't. The game would not allow me to hit the mob. The game forced me to pass, and when it came around again, everything was fine. Taking the rest of the day off in the hopes when I log back on tonight, I can actually participate in a battle.

The new wand may-cast (one of those piggy spells) keeps crashing the game.

I hope KI gets this all worked out soon!

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Why are many people having problems after the update? I played almost all day yesterday with no problems. Is that because I have a desktop computer or the windows i'm using??

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
Snee432 on Jul 13, 2017 wrote:
I had an issue this morning with targeting a mob during battle: I couldn't. The game would not allow me to hit the mob. The game forced me to pass, and when it came around again, everything was fine. Taking the rest of the day off in the hopes when I log back on tonight, I can actually participate in a battle.

The new wand may-cast (one of those piggy spells) keeps crashing the game.

I hope KI gets this all worked out soon!
I was lucky and got the trained life Pigsie spell yesterday; when using it, Game crashed completely a few times and after logging back in to the same team battle, any keystroke kicked me right back out; Fortunately each time it generated bug report tickets for KI devs and I was able to submit detailed info on the crashes. If you think its your wand, maybe unequip until the bug is fixed?

So yep, seems to be issues with the new spells. But they are aware, so all should be good soon.

Survivor
Dec 30, 2009
I've experienced all of the things you said. Also, i was just doing Xibalba with one other person and there was maintenance soon so i got henchman to speed up battle. The game froze once and crashed two other times, causing me to not only waste my time in the dungeon, but also waste my money on the henchman in the final battle that i had to exit three times because of bugs. I was on a time crunch but am certain if it didn't crash three times i would have been able to finish the dungeon (otherwise yes i do know i took the gamble on buying henchman on a time crunch) Please fix this new update, this has never happened before.