Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mana burn not showing criticals?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 18, 2008
105
Well, I have recently noticed that Mana Burn isn't showing that you hit a critical. This isn't a big problem, but it is an inconvenience. I like to monitor my critical hits and I can't do that with Mana Burn. Would you guys at Kingsisle be ever so kind as to fix this issue as you did with supernova recently?

Squire
May 10, 2013
524
awesome34 on Jun 12, 2013 wrote:
Well, I have recently noticed that Mana Burn isn't showing that you hit a critical. This isn't a big problem, but it is an inconvenience. I like to monitor my critical hits and I can't do that with Mana Burn. Would you guys at Kingsisle be ever so kind as to fix this issue as you did with supernova recently?
This is no bug (No pun intended):

KI is not fixing your problem that you can't get critical with a Mana Burn. If you need to critical it, try getting new gear.

Defender
Dec 18, 2008
105
PlayHard101 on Sep 3, 2013 wrote:
This is no bug (No pun intended):

KI is not fixing your problem that you can't get critical with a Mana Burn. If you need to critical it, try getting new gear.
I didn't say I couldn't get a critical with it, I said when I do get a critical, it isn't displaying "CRITICAL!" like it does with any other spell. Maybe try to interpret what others are saying a bit better before you're the one looking like a moron, just saying.

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
362
awesome34 on Sep 3, 2013 wrote:
I didn't say I couldn't get a critical with it, I said when I do get a critical, it isn't displaying "CRITICAL!" like it does with any other spell. Maybe try to interpret what others are saying a bit better before you're the one looking like a moron, just saying.
Yes that is correct. It no longer says "CRITICAL" when you critical it just applies the critical and does not display the message.

Wolf Skullslinger

Explorer
Jun 15, 2009
81
i am also seeing another bug with this move, logicly it should not be doing this, so i am adding it to this one because it is about manaburn.

when the target does get hit by the move, it does not count spells in cast, and if the pips are not available to cast that move, it should at least fizzle the move, this problem also seems to be present with Lord of Winter.

in both cases, (example) casting pixie and having only 2 pips should cause it to fizzle since there is no actual pips after the spell has hit the target