Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

malistare

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 08, 2008
the fight with malistare has got really hard his health is 100,000 a team of 4 couldnt even put a dent in his health its not fair i'm a grandmaster necromancer my name is Grace Deathcaster

Survivor
Jan 08, 2009
freezer wrote:
the fight with malistare has got really hard his health is 100,000 a team of 4 couldnt even put a dent in his health its not fair i'm a grandmaster necromancer my name is Grace Deathcaster
I agree change malistaire back to where he was because I have been wanting his robe for a long time and now I cant beat him because you had to change him. WELL ITS NOT FAIR I NEED HIS ROBE BUT YOU JUST CANT HANDLE THE FACT THAT MALISTAIRE WAS FINE THE WAY HE WAS BEFORE!!!!!!

Survivor
Jun 17, 2009
Disagree. I think malistaire was too easy.

The decision to increase his health was a good one, but the amount is was increased to was a bad one.

50,000 Health is still a feasible amount, increasing his resiliency, and at the same time still making him defeatable.

- My 2 cents.

Survivor
Apr 26, 2009
Hijak1974 wrote:
Disagree. I think malistaire was too easy.

The decision to increase his health was a good one, but the amount is was increased to was a bad one.

50,000 Health is still a feasible amount, increasing his resiliency, and at the same time still making him defeatable.

- My 2 cents.

The 100,000 health is clearly not too much, that is a fine number.

This was a negative post about the New Malistaire Battle. I have since defeated him and am happy with the changes.

THANK YOU KI FOR AN AWESOME GAME.

Explorer
Jan 06, 2009
People have defeated Malistaire. Very few have, but some have done it. It appears the trick is keeping Sylvia Drake alive. She helps you by doing things like casting Weakness spells on Malistaire. While she is there, Life is boosted 90%? Not exactly sure about that, but it's a high boost. The problem is, you have to spend several rounds trapping and shielding waiting to get that Centaur to take Malistiare out in one hit. In the meantime, you have to shield enough or hope that one of Malistaire's 2 Pip Meteor Showers or Scarecrows doesn't kill you. The problem is, this is the only method anyone has found to defeat the new Malistaire. If you cannot find Life students or Life spells (have fun spending hours crafting that ONE Centaur card), you're outta luck for now.

It would be fun fight Malistaire at 100,000 health. Him casting stronger spells is fun. But you should be able to defeat him with any combination of wizards. The game should be balanced so everyone takes a turn when they're supposed to. The battle is not balanced or level right now. It needs to be.

Explorer
May 22, 2008
Survivor
Jun 29, 2008
Champion
Jan 23, 2009
Maybe a good idea is to allow six to eight wizards instead of four to fight that battle.

Defender
Dec 14, 2008
he is out of balance a total group of 4 life grandmasters can do it quite well actually even with the double 1 pip scarecrow casts...
when sylvia is there she boosts life damage and if they all risk it all and not shield them selves and attack malistaire and HOPEFULLY boost enough to kill and NOT fizle then you MIGHT make it about 2% of time lol they really ruined the game this way and a weird thing is they made lord nightsahde also have interrupt were he casts 4 death shields on everyone and doom and gloom ranodmly comes up making it difficult for for low levels since they practically live of pixie and fairy....

Survivor
Feb 22, 2009
This fight is just way too hard! I used to be able to at least survive 7 round with my grandmaster friends (being lvl 35) but now none of us can last more then 3 rounds! I mean, it was a good thing to put Sylvia there, but come on! 100,000 health?! That is crazy! Cut the health in half at least, then maybe some people could finish. Add more fights, it doesn't matter, just weaken Malistaire a bit. Not even my group of 2 life grandmasters, 1 death grandmaster, and an ice lvl 38 could beat him.

Survivor
Apr 15, 2009
The health he has now is not a problem, i took 10,987 of his health with my helephant, it wasnt even my pet helephant.

The actual prolem is that he has boosts on every single school, i am a Grandmaster Pyromancer and i have 26% of resistance to fire attacks and still he did 850 damage to me with meteor strike. My combination of wizards was:

(All Grandmasters)

Life
Balance
Death
Fire (thats me!)

the fact is that the most we have been able to take off from him was to get him to 70,000, how come he has so much power without even using a charm or blade, he did like 1170 of damage with his natural attack, i mean for real people, dont you think King Isle messed up with this one?

All i ask is you guys (King Isle) to cut his power up a bit, not his health his power.

Survivor
May 08, 2009
I think keeping his health is fine even the every round fireball is fine, but the millions of turn interrupts removes all possible coordination from the group and the fact he can cast all these spells with out reguards to pip count, that makes it impossible for a normal group to go in and fight.

1. keep his health
2. keep the fire ball every turn
3.remove the turn interrupts
4. make him use normal pip counts for spells

This way he will still be casting one attack and possibly two every turn, if he doesnt have the pips for the spells then he would shield or weakness like all the other bosses or have the turn interrupt put in place of a fireball for a scarecrow once every so many turns. The high health will still make him a challange and still require a team effort to take him down. We tried him today and all we got was a couple attacks in before he devoured us scarecrow after scarecrow no turns on our side prevented us from doing anything but watch our health drop and then wave goodbye.