Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Loading slow? Help.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 03, 2009
Hello everyone,

When ever my screen loads in wizard101 it freezes up for 10-20 seconds and when i try to click it, wizard101 turns white and says "Wizard101 not responding" at the top. This only happens to one of my characters.
Have any of you guys had this problem? Tell me how to fix it. :(

Administrator
We've noticed a trend lately that you may be able to help us with. We posted in this thread the following instructions: https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/14939.ftl#80600

Sometimes we're finding that a specific items is the cause of this.
Brady's Solar Cowl is one of the items that can cause loading issues, and we're investigating why and how to fix this.

If you don't mind, do an experiment for us - before you transition between two areas, remove your hat and place it in your backpack.
Move between the two areas and see if you notice a difference in load time.
If not, put the hat back on.
If you DO notice a difference, write down the name of that item.

Repeat those steps for each of the items you have equipped and if you notice that one item in particular makes a difference, list the name of the item here, and whether or not you've used that item in the stitching process.

Thank you, together we'll solve this.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Oct 02, 2009
actually i encountered another bigger bug involved in brady's solar cowl, when i equip it and load to a new place my character dissapears i can move around still but i cannot use blades or heals on myself in combat if i take it off and zone again my body comes back, so i don't recommend using it while playing the game regardless of how good it is lol