Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Life Minion - Help!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 27, 2009
Please take a look at the life minion.

She heals characters with full health, while others are dead or dying.

She also uses up blades and traps with her Imp spell. This would not be such a big deal if she were able to kill them, however this is most often not the case.

This could be a wonderful spell, but at this point most life wizards don't trust her to do a good job. There is more discussion on this topic on the wizard101central discussion boards.

Please take a look at what you can do. Any response would be greatly appreciated.

Defender
Jan 20, 2009
I agree that the sprite minion has gotten a LOT less smart lately. So much so that I finally got tired of her and removed the spell from my deck.

Survivor
Dec 31, 2008
GreenMalice wrote:
She also uses up blades and traps with her Imp spell. This would not be such a big deal if she were able to kill them, however this is most often not the case.

Pretty much all minions do that with whatever spell they tend to cast. But then again, is that any different than just having some random noob show up in your fight and start messing with your traps?

So there you have it: a minion is basically just your own personal noob.

And on the other hand, you are very right about how completely off the wall the sprite is with her healing decisions. If someone in her group is really hurt, she starts to make the right calls; but if that isn't the case, she tends to just wander around casting healing spells on whatever catches her eye, regardless of whether they really need it or not.

Explorer
Feb 05, 2009
Things I would like to see to it:

1. Double triple or quadruple it hits points and make it non-combative.
-->Most Minions I think in general could use more hit points.

2. Absolutely no attack spells or attacks as reiterated above

3. Have here incoming and outgoing healing bonus +%50 (Make her spells act like there cast under sanctuary)

4. And definitely as mentioned more AI intelligence.
--> No healing of people at full health except maintenance like sprite
--> Using Healing spell only if more than 45% of the healing points will go into healing the friendly to full health Else use spell like absorb.
--> Heal lowest hit point person first.
--> while were on it: Think this is a bug:, heal defeated players. Never seen the minion do it.
--> if it is still alive while you are defeat allow the match to continue until the minion dies (All Minions in general should be this way)

5. Give it this spell list:
Unicorn
Satyr
Pixie
Guiding Light (Self Cast Only)
Tower Shield (Self Cast Only)
Absorb (Only Other Friendly)
Sprite (Only one casting on self, and not before placed on the player who cast the minion spell)

6. This goes for all minion: A power pip chance equal to that or the casting player.

7. This goes for all minions: Allow them to be defeated instead of killed
so they can be heal/mended.

I would like that to be true for PVE foes so the foe team can heal a defeated team member (considering foes that have healing capabilities are so far and between).

Explorer
Mar 07, 2009
i feel for all you non balance minions player. It seem they gave us balance player's minions the good brains and the other the rejected malfunctioning ones

Survivor
Feb 09, 2009
Level 30 Balance/Storm here and I rarely use my minion, unless I'm soloing. If I'm in a group of 2 or more he casts shields only on those that are not being attacked. For instance, I duo with a Life/Ice wizard mostly and she will get all the shields from my minion and I will be taking all the hits and receive none. Oh, he does shield himself too :P Once in a blue moon we will get lucky and he'll toss a swarm on one of the enemies, but that's so rare it's not worth wasting pips to cast him.
I realize that what the minion does or doesn't do is random. Like a previous poster contributed, they are like noobs that jump into your fight. They may or may not be beneficial and can often be detrimental. I just hope the Myth school's minions are not so random as that must be really difficult to have to rely on them.

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
As a fellow life member. She used a sprit trap feint regular life trap 30% life trap and a curse. And her imp only did 292 damage. :l

Survivor
Feb 27, 2009
buzzaroo wrote:

So there you have it: a minion is basically just your own personal noob.

This made me laugh, but I think it sums up my point. I am disappointed with the minions and I think they could offer so much!

Three issues I see:
Minions cast over other players' setup.
Minions do not take the health of the monster into account before casting (at least how I would like them to).
Minions do not take the health of players into account before healing (at least how I would like them to).

Administrator
Please keep in mind your minion draws from a deck of cards just like you do.

If she doesn't have the card drawn to cast, she cannot cast the spell.

Her choice of target is agreeably questionable, but I'm sure you've also seen the creatures of the spiral casting odd spells on each other as well. We only tend to notice when they behave badly and rarely notice when they save our behinds in a duel.

I've already asked our technical wizards to look in to her deck and her behavior.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Survivor
Jan 30, 2009
I think they should give her some higher hitting spells the imp is just not enough

Defender
Aug 19, 2008
Suggestion:

You may want to experiment with this and report back...but I have found if I place an absorb shield on my sprite minion...she stops healing herself and concentrates better....

Survivor
Dec 23, 2008
Militarymage wrote:
i feel for all you non balance minions player. It seem they gave us balance player's minions the good brains and the other the rejected malfunctioning ones

The death minion is one of the best out there:
1.As any pips as you have so if you second storm or fire you could use the sacrifice
2.It gets higher rank the more pips you use about rank 5 starts using vampire

Mastermind
Oct 17, 2008
I understand completely. Although I am an Ice/Death wizard, my sister is life. I battle with her often, and I have noticed the Sprite minion's strange behavior. I mean, come on. You get her in your level 20's and all she knows for attacking is Imp? Sheesh! At least give her a Lepracauhn (sorry, don't know how to spell that).

My Ice Guardian though isn't much better. At least he doesn't know very many ice spells so he doesn't waste my ice traps. But he always tends to attack the enemy I don't want him to. Here's an idea - why don't we control the minions? Like we get to choose his moves as well as our own. So that way it is like having a second deck.

I do admit that the Sprite Guardian's moves are rather irrational. She heals herself when she has full health while other players are dying. I remember the only time that she has been helpful was once: she used Satyr on my sister when she only had about 100 health left. That is the only time I can remember her help benefitting us. My sister was so happy for her minion that day, because at that time even she didn't know Satyr.

Defender
Oct 19, 2008
I am a life wizard and this exact same situation happened to me too, so pretty much after a few uses i saw what was happening and removed the spell from my deck completely. I hope they find a way to fix it because i need more spells and this one could be valuble if it could heal ones who needed to be and did not attack the opponent with imps. I hope this helped. :P

Survivor
Feb 27, 2009
Gamma wrote:

Her choice of target is agreeably questionable, but I'm sure you've also seen the creatures of the spiral casting odd spells on each other as well. We only tend to notice when they behave badly and rarely notice when they save our behinds in a duel.

I've already asked our technical wizards to look in to her deck and her behavior.

Thank you, Gamma. I understand that she will continue to have limitations that are fair, but I am most grateful that your team is looking into this. It is refreshing to receive a comprehensive and quick response.

I believe I sound too critical, but honestly I really love this spell (which is why I'm so eager to see changes). I believe the minions have much more potential than they are currently utilizing! I believe I speak for many when I say that you've whet my tongue with the current spell, and helped me to fantasize about it's potential ability.

Survivor
Mar 22, 2009
i think the life minion should not use as great heals maybe it should pass every two turns and use less things that will waste precious traps and actually use a decent spell better than just like imp maybe a serah every ten battles oh yea and also it should not be as overpowred in pvp i couldnt kill them they had two minions summoned and they wouldnt stop healing and i lost my warlord :(

Survivor
Oct 19, 2008
She saved me!
I was in Kroktopia when I ran outta cards and mana! So with my last mana points I summoned her! The monster had 500 health points left so she just kept using imp AND healing me if I was close to death! So she somehow knew to attack right and to heal correctly. :P Love ya Minion! Even if your a total pain in some battles!

Defender
Jan 07, 2009
Gamma wrote:

How about you get the guy that wrote the balance minion, helpful meander to write one for life school? The behavior for life minion is out in left field, I don't use her for the fact she heals herself 4 out of 5 times. I have an ice minion I used a little, you can count on him to pass the first time through, but after that he does pretty good just usually storm shark or fire elf is the whole set of cards he has. So if you have the ice guy and your fighting storm or fire don't bother to use him.
I don't trust my fire minion, so she/he doesnt' get casted much.
My death girl doesn't have a minion yet, so I have no opion on that one.
My favorite is good ole helpful, he really is helpful.