Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

life grand hat

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 13, 2010
so i have been farming kraysys for the life grand hat and it has not given it to me. i have beaten him probably close to 50 times now and still no luck... i really need that hat and i believe there is something wrong with it. if you could wizard 101 would you please help me out here i think 50 times is rediculous.

Delver
Apr 02, 2010
LOL do what I did, I bought two crown items on Mooshu, one gives Dryad the other Weakness, so I don't need the GM hat. As I recall they were only 1500 crowns, or about $3 each. I *think* the items are a hat and shoes, each gives 5% global shielding, for a total of 10%. They also have a global hit boost. There's a robe too but its pricey, and the GM Life robe beats it.

There's also some nice Crowns stuff in Dragonsypre, but they cost more. Finding the sellers is a bit tricky, they are upstairs in that building with the Scotsman that gives you the history quest and few others. I think one of them gives Regenerate.

Mastermind
Jan 01, 2010
Sorry to say, but it is totally random. I have 2 grand life hats. Took forever to get the first one, then just a couple battles later I got a second one! Ugh. Go do something else for a while then come back to it. Seems less painful that way!

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
The drops are random. I happened to get the hat my first time ever fighting Kraysys, yet the grand boots took me weeks. Just keep trying, it will eventually drop and in the meantime, you can sell all the other items for a good profit, or keep the other grand items he drops for other wizards on your account.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 50 Life

Adherent
May 20, 2010
You could probably live without the hat. The Hood of Rejuvenation has the same stats as Kraysys's Unfaithful Cowl, except that it doesn't have the 13% Life spell resistance, which isn't a big deal, since there aren't a lot of Life enemies in Dragonspyre. The hood sells for about 6000 gold at the Bazaar, and Galium Paladin (a street boss) sometimes drops it..

Kraysys drops a lot of things, almost 50 different items. The chances of getting your hat (which will probably drop a bit more often than some other items) are about 1 in 35. That doesn't mean you'll get one ever 25 tries. You can get 5 in the next 20 tries or none in the next 200 tries. If you have to have that hat, you just need to keep plugging away. It might help to go to a crowded realm so you can battle Kraysys with other wizards who are trying to farm a piece of equipment from him.

Survivor
Apr 13, 2010
thank you all for the sugestions its just really frustrating cause i pretty much have everything else
thank you agian :)

Hero
May 27, 2009
I think I battled Kraysys something like 200 times. I tried using my Myth character, in the hopes that since Kraysys kept dropping Myth boots to the Life wizard, he'd give the Life hat to the Myth character. No dice.

Finally, I decided that what I would do was try farming for paintings of teachers instead. Don't ask me how, but when I wanted Falmea's portrait instead of the Life hat, that's when I got the hat!

Sometimes, even though I know it's impossible, I think there's a mental aspect to it. The less important it is that you get it, all of a sudden, it appears. Keep trying, and good luck!