Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Level 0 wizard and no name?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 21, 2010
2
I was asked to become friends with a Level 0 wizard and has no name any ideas what would cause this i got the friend request right before i fought Krokopatra

Survivor
Mar 15, 2009
23
Usually that happens when you are in a different place than that person

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
4952
BlackBird311 on May 11, 2013 wrote:
I was asked to become friends with a Level 0 wizard and has no name any ideas what would cause this i got the friend request right before i fought Krokopatra
I've had this happen as well. I just click no and move on.

Explorer
Jan 17, 2011
73
This happens to me too but not before I fight Krokopatra. Here's what I see for writing on the request:

_______, level___ wants to be friends with you.

Accept?
Yes No

Please fix it,
Brianna Starsong wizard level 58 (soon to be 59)

P.S. the name and level were blank

Defender
Sep 09, 2011
105
BlackBird311 on May 11, 2013 wrote:
I was asked to become friends with a Level 0 wizard and has no name any ideas what would cause this i got the friend request right before i fought Krokopatra
Hi!

That happens because other player wanted to add you to list but happens
that he or she is in another place then yours.
For example if you helped someone lets say Grand Arena place and you
ported to Oasis that friend could send you invite to become friends but
its difficult to know who is it cause doesn't say name you to see it.

I personaly add him its not big a deal after that you can read name and level
if from any reason you dont want to be your friend remove it and continue
with your game.

Well i dont know why is no name and level writen at that moment
but that might get fixed in future.

Michael BlueBright, Conjurer, Level 90, Technomancer

Survivor
Nov 15, 2009
22
I was in my house gardening for about 5 minutes and then it came to me... creepy...

Survivor
Jun 17, 2012
35
one time it said accept ______ , level 314

please tell me why it did that!

Defender
Aug 12, 2012
171
BlackBird311 on May 11, 2013 wrote:
I was asked to become friends with a Level 0 wizard and has no name any ideas what would cause this i got the friend request right before i fought Krokopatra
That happens to me too. Whenever I go in the commons, I usually get a level zero friend request with no school if I'm not riding a mount. I thought my computer was broken before I finished saving my gold for a chestnut pony, but now I know it's a bug. Well, now I know I'm not crazy.

Survivor
Jul 09, 2009
26
that also happens to me its annoying but for some reason its only when i'm not a member.

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
860
Happens to me as well. Just click "no" and move on. Maybe someday that glitch will be fixed....
-Jasmine FireBlade, level 86 pyromancer.

Survivor
Aug 15, 2010
19
happened to me to but it means you and the person are in different areas its basicly a glitch just like the first person to commet on it sorry cant remember his name

Defender
Apr 22, 2012
114
Myth Jedi on May 19, 2013 wrote:
Hi!

That happens because other player wanted to add you to list but happens
that he or she is in another place then yours.
For example if you helped someone lets say Grand Arena place and you
ported to Oasis that friend could send you invite to become friends but
its difficult to know who is it cause doesn't say name you to see it.

I personaly add him its not big a deal after that you can read name and level
if from any reason you dont want to be your friend remove it and continue
with your game.

Well i dont know why is no name and level writen at that moment
but that might get fixed in future.

Michael BlueBright, Conjurer, Level 90, Technomancer
you say that when you say yes they come in your friends list but i always say yes and no one new comes in my friends list, then like a week later there is some person i never even met on my friends list

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
923
Had this happen to me while I was in mirror lake. I thought it might be one of the guys running with me but I wasn't sure, so i declined.

Later that day (during a slow hour) I looked at my friends list and there were two new low level wizards on the list I didn't recognize.

Before removing them I actually asked them about when we met, but the activities they referred to were not ones I remembered doing with any low lvl wizard recently.

Kind of creepy, like maybe someone had possession of my account briefly and added a bunch of his friends, then left.

I don't think the two are related, I think myth jedi is on the right track. It's like when you private chat with someone not on your friends list and not nearby, the chat tag appears centre left on your screen as "To :" and no wizard name.

Defender
Dec 20, 2010
169
If you are in a certain area and typed a message for all to see, then you left that area, anyone who has that message in their chat box can click it and pull up your character. From there they can click to ask to add you as a friend. Most of the time it is from someone you had no contact with, rather someone looking to pad their friends list. Nothing to worry about, click yes or no, and move on. KI probably wasn't thinking about this scenario when they did the programming, so the information as to who initiated the "add as friend" comes up blank.

Survivor
Sep 18, 2012
1
tylerskybreeze on Jun 26, 2013 wrote:
I was in my house gardening for about 5 minutes and then it came to me... creepy...
me too! it pops up whenever i garden!

Survivor
Feb 19, 2013
44
BlackBird311 on May 11, 2013 wrote:
I was asked to become friends with a Level 0 wizard and has no name any ideas what would cause this i got the friend request right before i fought Krokopatra
That has happened to me, over and over for days; but suddenly stopped. I'm not sure why that happens, no element, level zero. Creepy, isn't it?

Katie Duskleaf, Level 27