Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Last quest in Crab Alley

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 02, 2013
I'm working on the quest "Coming Up for Air" where you have to talk to Sohomer Sunblade. When I walk in one direction, it says I have 118 steps and then arrow switches around to the other direction and tells me I have 98 steps. I cannot get past this. Is this a glitch? What can I do?

Thank you,
Shannon Firegem

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
sbeans999 on Jan 7, 2014 wrote:
I'm working on the quest "Coming Up for Air" where you have to talk to Sohomer Sunblade. When I walk in one direction, it says I have 118 steps and then arrow switches around to the other direction and tells me I have 98 steps. I cannot get past this. Is this a glitch? What can I do?

Thank you,
Shannon Firegem
This one is kind of tricky sometimes. It's just a matter of approaching Sohomer, and then backing away from him, and finding "just the right spot" in front of him to bring up the interactive "x" that you need.

Delver
Jun 17, 2011
You should see an anchor and you go up-then go to a blue circle with a swirl on it. Step on it and you should see another take the far one (or try the other one, i don't remember exactly) and you should see sohomer.

Grace DreamRider 77

Survivor
Oct 02, 2013
Hello Again!

I think I understand what you guys mean, but I cant find Sohomer Sunblade!
Do you know where he is? Because I'm pretty sure his name isnt Blad Raveneye :P
Also, Grace? Thanks, but i go into the portal right? Then I go across all the bridges by Blad Raveneye, and the portal isnt lit up. Is that the portal your talking about? Or is it a different one?

Thanks Everybody,
Shannon Firegem, Journeyman Thirgest ( didnt spell that right) Level 15

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
sbeans999 on Jan 8, 2014 wrote:
Hello Again!

Also, Grace? Thanks, but i go into the portal right? Then I go across all the bridges by Blad Raveneye, and the portal isnt lit up. Is that the portal your talking about? Or is it a different one?

Thanks Everybody,
Okay. His name isn't Blad Raveneye. But you have to go to Blad Raveneye to get to Sohomer Sunblade.

If you were able to get the quest to go to Crab Alley, which you got from Sohomer, then the teleporter "that is the blue circle behind Blad Raveneye" takes you to Sohomer. It had to be lit up for you to get this quest originally.

But if you are going back to Blad Raveneye, and the teleporter behind Blad isn't working, then you must have a bug.

Go to Blad again and check to see if the teleporter is working now. Maybe since you logged off and back on it will be working for you.

If not, you might want to send an e-mail to help@kingsisle.com and ask them to help you get moving forward with this quest. Be sure to give them your UserName in the game, and the name of the wizard who is having this problem.

Survivor
Oct 02, 2013
AluraMist2 on Jan 9, 2014 wrote:
Okay. His name isn't Blad Raveneye. But you have to go to Blad Raveneye to get to Sohomer Sunblade.

If you were able to get the quest to go to Crab Alley, which you got from Sohomer, then the teleporter "that is the blue circle behind Blad Raveneye" takes you to Sohomer. It had to be lit up for you to get this quest originally.

But if you are going back to Blad Raveneye, and the teleporter behind Blad isn't working, then you must have a bug.

Go to Blad again and check to see if the teleporter is working now. Maybe since you logged off and back on it will be working for you.

If not, you might want to send an e-mail to help@kingsisle.com and ask them to help you get moving forward with this quest. Be sure to give them your UserName in the game, and the name of the wizard who is having this problem.
Thanks Aluramist2.
Thanks Grace.
I will definitley try EVERYTHING!

Thanks one last time,
Shannon Firegem Level 15

Delver
Jun 17, 2011
sbeans999 on Jan 8, 2014 wrote:
Hello Again!

Thanks Everybody,
That is the portal but if it isn't lit up you haven't defeated the Kraken yet which you need to do to access sohmer.

Here's what some others said that may or may not help.
http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?107112-Complete-Guide-To-Crab-Alley-WalkThrough

Good luck :)