Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Lagtastic!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 07, 2009
When i first started playing Wizard101 i found there was no lag, and i had the graphics resoloution at its maximum possible, now i have to Wait HALF AN HOUR to be able to enter and exit the commons if i want to go anywhere in wizard city i ask a friend to go there so i can use the teleport feature, I post this here incase anyone else has been having this problem and has a soloution But this lag spike hit when the mounts and new features appeared HAs wizard101 got a cache to clear in your files somewhere cause i cant locate it Thanks again Evil laG!

Joshua Willowpyre

Survivor
Jul 08, 2009
I have to concur. Since the new features were added my game is going horribly slow.

Another problem I'm having is that when I'm in battle the yellow slow connection icon appears, then after it goes away I can't see my cards but am still in the battle.

I've switched to the realms with Perfect populations, but many times my game will lock up and I can't even use CTRL-ALT-DEL to get out of it - I have to cold boot my machine.

Is there some way to choose which options you don't want to have active (for example, I don't want to shop while in battle) in the hopes that it would speed up my game play?

Thanks.

Administrator
Yes, we're finding that a new option we enabled called Smoothing may be the culprit.

Press ESC (or select OPTIONS from the character selection screen) and select the Advanced Video tab at the top. (second tab from the left)
Turn Smoothing off (it's on be default)

Let us know either way!

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Oct 07, 2009
Thank you !!!!!! The game is finally enjoyable once more ! my deepest gratitude to you once i turned smoothing off it made no apparent difference until i shut down the game and started it up again? I dont know why it would do that but hey it worked Thank you again!

Joshua Willowpyre, Magus Pyromancer

Survivor
Sep 27, 2009
Since the last patch the game has become unplayable from my location.

I have disabled smoothing but I still cannot even have one battle without timing out and having my shiny wizard butt kicked. :(

If this persists for another week or two I will just have to cancel the subscription. No point keeping a game I can't play any more.

Survivor
Feb 15, 2009
Sentinel7 wrote:
Since the last patch the game has become unplayable from my location.

I have disabled smoothing but I still cannot even have one battle without timing out and having my shiny wizard butt kicked. :(

If this persists for another week or two I will just have to cancel the subscription. No point keeping a game I can't play any more.
I totally agree, this has been happening to me.
I'm really looking forward to finishing and getting out of Marleybone but i can't because the game is being so lagging and annoying!