Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Lag problems

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 09, 2009
Does anyone else have severe lag issues?

I have three different wizards now and when I first start out at lvl 1 everything plays just fine throughout Wizard City. As I go up in level and get access to new areas the game starts lagging. To help with this, I rarely use the quest helper anymore, I don't play in full screen, I've changed resolution, and I've even turned off all music and chat options. I also make sure that I play on a "perfect" realm to ease the graphic load.

After all that it's usually not bad, but today when I got to Marleybone for the first time, it was lagging so bad that it was almost unplayable. I think it took close to an hour just to walk around the city and it took a full minute to load just when entering or exiting a building when normally it only takes about 3-5 seconds.

So I got frustrated and decided to start a new wizard. Everything runs fine with the new wizard on full screen, full resolution, quest helper, etc... and everything is fine in Wizard City. If I switch back to my lvl 28 wizard, everything lags again, even in Wizard City. And they both were on the same realm.

Can anyone explain this, or have a solution or idea to correct this?