Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

lag in mooshu

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 29, 2010
has anyone else besides me, noticed when you are running around mooshu there tends to be some lag?
it may just be my computer but i just wanted to see if it has happened to anyone else

Adherent
May 20, 2010
This question comes up every week or two.

The lag is caused by the Quest Helper arrow. For some reason, the locator function causes problems updating itself as you move around. This happens in various places, but it's especially bad in certain areas of Mooshu.

To fix it, turn Quest Helper off while you're moving around. You can toggle Quest Helper on and off by pressing the "T" key. You can still use Quest Helper to find what you're looking for; just stop moving, toggle it on to get your bearings, then toggle it back off before you start to move again.

Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
colagada wrote:
This question comes up every week or two.

The lag is caused by the Quest Helper arrow. For some reason, the locator function causes problems updating itself as you move around. This happens in various places, but it's especially bad in certain areas of Mooshu.

To fix it, turn Quest Helper off while you're moving around. You can toggle Quest Helper on and off by pressing the "T" key. You can still use Quest Helper to find what you're looking for; just stop moving, toggle it on to get your bearings, then toggle it back off before you start to move again.

Lower Particle settings to minimum also helps.

Delver
Jun 30, 2009
It happend to me in Shirataki Temple. I was helping a friend, and I all of a sudden ended up in a battle..