Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Krokotopia Map Room Bug!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 10, 2010
4
In the Map room (in the throne room of fire) you can press X next to the Map Room Pedestal and it will tell you: You did as the Professor ordered, and spoke the secret words "Something in Krokotopian!" and the secret meeting place of The Order Of The Fang was revealed.... (and at the bottom of the screen it says: New Goal: Talk To Professor Winthrop) (when you talk to him he doesn't give you anything) -Lucas Swiftwalker

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
4942
Echo590 on Jun 12, 2014 wrote:
In the Map room (in the throne room of fire) you can press X next to the Map Room Pedestal and it will tell you: You did as the Professor ordered, and spoke the secret words "Something in Krokotopian!" and the secret meeting place of The Order Of The Fang was revealed.... (and at the bottom of the screen it says: New Goal: Talk To Professor Winthrop) (when you talk to him he doesn't give you anything) -Lucas Swiftwalker
This is at the very end of the Throne Room. You need to read everything the goal says: it states to talk to Professor Winthrop in the Altar of Kings. There he tells you to speak to the Sargent in the Oasis to gain access to the Krokosphinx.
This seems to confuse a lot of people.
There is no bug or glitch.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Quest:Krokotopia_Quest_Tree

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
2721
Echo590 on Jun 12, 2014 wrote:
In the Map room (in the throne room of fire) you can press X next to the Map Room Pedestal and it will tell you: You did as the Professor ordered, and spoke the secret words "Something in Krokotopian!" and the secret meeting place of The Order Of The Fang was revealed.... (and at the bottom of the screen it says: New Goal: Talk To Professor Winthrop) (when you talk to him he doesn't give you anything) -Lucas Swiftwalker
Did you just turn around and talk to him right there in the Map Room, near the pedestal?

He should talk to you there first, and then tell you to meet him in a few minutes in the Altar of Kings.

If you left the dungeon, and tried to talk to him somewhere else, you will have to restart the dungeon again.

Survivor
May 10, 2010
4
RavenLady777 on Jun 12, 2014 wrote:
This is at the very end of the Throne Room. You need to read everything the goal says: it states to talk to Professor Winthrop in the Altar of Kings. There he tells you to speak to the Sargent in the Oasis to gain access to the Krokosphinx.
This seems to confuse a lot of people.
There is no bug or glitch.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Quest:Krokotopia_Quest_Tree
I didn't really type it right. I meant BEFORE the end! the thing does what i said and it says "New goal: talk to professor winthrop" but BEFORE i did anything else i went up next to it and pressed X hoping that something cool would happen, but the thing gave me the message. So technically, an error.
Lucas Swiftwalker26

Champion
May 10, 2013
483
RavenLady777 on Jun 12, 2014 wrote:
This is at the very end of the Throne Room. You need to read everything the goal says: it states to talk to Professor Winthrop in the Altar of Kings. There he tells you to speak to the Sargent in the Oasis to gain access to the Krokosphinx.
This seems to confuse a lot of people.
There is no bug or glitch.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Quest:Krokotopia_Quest_Tree
That's completely wrong, in the throne room of fire, there is in fact a glitch.

Once you talk to Winthrop in the Throne Room of Fire, you can immediately put the Serpent Staff on the platform, (without having it)
which is basically skipping the entire dungeon. The question he is asking is why does this occur.

I don't know, it occurs for some reason. Its funny you can solo a dungeon in less than 3 minutes.

Champion
May 10, 2013
483
AluraMist2 on Jun 12, 2014 wrote:
Did you just turn around and talk to him right there in the Map Room, near the pedestal?

He should talk to you there first, and then tell you to meet him in a few minutes in the Altar of Kings.

If you left the dungeon, and tried to talk to him somewhere else, you will have to restart the dungeon again.
He didn't restart the dungeon, why would he? He didn't fight at all. He could not die.
There is a glitch that you can skip the entire dungeon, which needs to be fixed by KI.