Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

KI Dispelling Themselves Into Oblivion?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 29, 2010
KI really needs to look at the dispels: two pips to negate the next spell from that school. It's too few pips for too much power. It has driven hoards out of pvp, and with the new meta coming as a result of the change to critical (a good change I might add) higher level pvp will once again be mastery amulet full. Especially with the whole who-goes-first fiasco which continues to not be addressed, expect balance mastery amulets everywhere. I'm calling it now.

Dispels should cost three pips. It will not affect pve too much, and will be a big step towards helping pvp.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
No. It should not. PVP is not everything, so sorry!

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2010
I don't think three pip dispels would do much damage to PVE, but I've seen other suggestions for controlling dispel spam in PVP that I think control the situation as well or better and don't affect PVE at all. I agree they need to do something, and if this is what KI chooses in the name of game balance, I wouldn't object.

One suggestion that intrigues me is that casting a dispel guarantees that one will get neither a power pip nor a shadow pip the following round. This slows down dispel spam a lot. Another involves not allowing two of the same dispel to be placed at the same time, and a third involves the equivalent of a stun block, but for dispels.

I'm not sure this is a bug, but I do think it's a problem.