Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Katzenstein's Lab locked up

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 02, 2010
After I beat Firegut and go back to Watson, Watson becomes unresponsive. There's no question mark above his head, can't click on him, and there's no tracking arrow (with or without pressing 't'). Effectively, the quests ends. I tried restarting it 5 times, and the same result. I even tried restarting the program, and still nothing. I notice also that there is no sound for Firegut (he doesn't speak, but the dialog box shows up).

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
LinGreg wrote:
After I beat Firegut and go back to Watson, Watson becomes unresponsive. There's no question mark above his head, can't click on him, and there's no tracking arrow (with or without pressing 't'). Effectively, the quests ends. I tried restarting it 5 times, and the same result. I even tried restarting the program, and still nothing. I notice also that there is no sound for Firegut (he doesn't speak, but the dialog box shows up).

Aren't you supposed to get a 'key code' of symbols to open the gate? Then you can talk to Watson to get the new part of the mission.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
MikeStrath is right. After you defeat Firegut, you need the four symbols that he gives you for the code. They are either in the corner of the room where you defeat him, or they are hanging above the door as you leave that room. I don't remember exactly. But make a note of the four symbols that you see.

When you go back to the doorway near Watson, you need to use the four symbols to unlock the first door. There are "plaques" hanging on the wall near the doorway that you have to unlock. But be careful. On my computer, the plaques are very hard to see. You can see the word "plaque", but I had to actually stand right up against the plaque to be able to see what was on it. Use the four symbols that you got for this first combination, and unlock the first door. Then it will tell you to talk to Watson again, because the "second" door is locked too.

Now Watson will tell you to go defeat Clanker to get the "second" combination. So you do the same thing. Make note of the symbols and use them to unlock the second door.

Good luck!

Survivor
Nov 02, 2010
After I beat firegut, there's nothing, no key code, to dialog sound etc...

Hero
May 27, 2009
I think you need to read that dialogue box that comes up, write down the code that appears when you beat him, use that to open the door, THEN talk to Watson. Unfortunately, you're going to find that there's a second door code to get from another boss.