Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Jotun and his brothers

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Nov 11, 2012
I have had the defeat Jotun quest for months, I expected it to be easy. When I walked in they were only level 7 bosses but they had 9000-8000 health each plus a 1000 health minion. Me a lvl 55 and a lvl 100 couldn't finish it together. Finally me and other friend my level finished it together yesterday. Am I just week or are Jotun and his brothers really hard? Anyone else have problems with this?

Delver
Feb 01, 2010
Generally, that fight is pretty hard when you first get to it. But you said you had a level 100 with you, it should have been a cakewalk for you then, no matter their school.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
Did you notice the other two dungeons in Nidavellir? There is one on each side of the Hall of Valor. You will find Jotun's brothers in these dungeons. If you kill the brothers in their respective dungeons and then go to Hall of Valor, Jotun will not have his brothers beside him.

I would also have to agree with Levia, a level 100 should have been able to defeat Jotun and his bully brothers without any problems.

Survivor
Oct 11, 2012
I duoed this with my brother, and we didn't seem to have too hard of a time. We were level 38 life and 38 storm. All you have to do is blade stack and feint into something powerful. Shouldn't be too hard because Jotun and his brothers don't have cheats. You can also flee and use dungeon recall while one person stays in battle if needed.

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
Sabrina Winterclou... on Mar 14, 2016 wrote:
I have had the defeat Jotun quest for months, I expected it to be easy. When I walked in they were only level 7 bosses but they had 9000-8000 health each plus a 1000 health minion. Me a lvl 55 and a lvl 100 couldn't finish it together. Finally me and other friend my level finished it together yesterday. Am I just week or are Jotun and his brothers really hard? Anyone else have problems with this?
The dungeon is extremely difficult for its level but it shouldn't have been too difficult for an exalted wizard since Khrysalis bosses have about twice that health and darkmoor gear is available at that lvl. When I do Jotun, I usually bring high lvl friends to help me and it isn't that bad.

Lvl 110
Lvl 53
Lvl 25

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Hannah Lifebringer on Mar 14, 2016 wrote:
Did you notice the other two dungeons in Nidavellir? There is one on each side of the Hall of Valor. You will find Jotun's brothers in these dungeons. If you kill the brothers in their respective dungeons and then go to Hall of Valor, Jotun will not have his brothers beside him.

I would also have to agree with Levia, a level 100 should have been able to defeat Jotun and his bully brothers without any problems.
This is true... take out the brothers first and you'll be able to fight Jotun without his brothers and he'll only have one minion...
-however-
If you do this and then go into Jotun's middle door make sure that if anyone goes with you that they've also defeated the brothers - if not, they'll show up with Jotun in that final battle regardless of whether YOU defeated them before or not.