Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Joining a battle hides spells selected + hanging effects in Beastmoon

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Mar 16, 2009
So the new change from the Summer Test Realm that allows players to join combat late and still pick a spell carried over to Beastmoon, and it's a bit jarring. I'm glad that the timer resets if this happens (though it seems to only happen the first time this happens in a round. If someone else joins later in the round the timer stays the same and that could be exploitable).

However, there is a glitch when this happens. It hides the spells that everyone has already selected. They've still picked those spells, and they will still be cast normally even if they don't cancel and redo their move. But it's still rough. It also hides all hanging effects from the player that joined, both those that were placed before they joined and any that would be placed later. Visual information is highly important and I really hope this changes soon.

I think that it's good that the timer resets because a high-threat target such as a Rat or Elf could join near the last second of the round and there would not be enough time for everyone to change their spells accordingly. It needs to reset every single time someone joins, though, even if this draws out the planning phase of that round to well over a minute.

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
I want to help the OP get this fixed.

This terrible bug of not being able to see everything going on is also in PvE. Joining late even hides what school everyone is. So now we have no way of knowing the best move to do on round 1 if anyone joins late. Plus, animus is making false claims at times making it all the more confusing.

KI, you claim to be against players using 'exploits', yet you make it impossible not to. In fact, this is now a way of life in the Spiral. Thus, this has turned what some may once think to be an exploit as not an exploit. Do you understand the message this sends out? It means, ANY game mechanic believed to be an exploit can easily be said to be intended that way. So how is anyone to truly know what is and what isn't an exploit?
The main problem here is that KI can decide to use the term 'exploit' vs 'intended' for any situation that suits them. This is why I will always say if something is in the game, it must be allowed without consequence.

Anyways, I actually like being able to join late. I just want to help get this more recognition.

Please fix this.

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
A heated argument in Beastmoon happened today because this has not been fixed yet. I was asked to input my opinion to decide who in the fight was right and who was wrong. The dispute was on turn advantage if one flees. I had figured out the reason someone thought fleeing gives opponents turn-advantage. I asked if anyone in that battle joined late and the answer was yes.

I told both players the solution to their dispute is to report this bug so KI realizes this needs to be fixed immediately!

This glitch messed me up quite a few times too as I am not able to see what is going on at times. Can this be made a priority to get fixed too please?