Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Joining a battle and doing nothing?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 31, 2010
I apologize if this has been brought up before. I searched and was unable to find anything here discussing this.

A couple of times today, I was battling in game, and a random person decides to join. I have no problem with this, as it is an MMO. However, what I do have an issue with is that it brings in a new monster, and 9 times out of 10, it attacks me. Still, really no issue, except that the person who dragged it in (on both occasions) passes until all but the last monster is dead.

I have died once due to the extra monster, and almost died the second time, because of the person doing nothing. It seems to me, that they do this to get credit for multiple kills with minimal effort, and have no regard for the person who was in combat to begin with.

I do also realize people pass to build pips, but when they have 5 with a power pip, or 6 pips, and still pass... I'm just saying :)

In any other game I have played, this would be considered "griefing". Is behavior like this reportable?

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
Don't you hate that? Lol. Anyways if your a school like storm and need the people the bring in and your prepared to kill them all in one hit it isnt that bad but it still stinks

Survivor
Jan 06, 2010
Yes. This is extremely irritating. Additional monsters should *always* attack the person that brought them into the battle circle, then you'd see a whole lot less of this.

As you say, if you join the battle and bring more monsters but also actually contribute, no problems.

Hero
May 27, 2009
I have had this happen to me, and so I always try to chat with someone when they join. That way, if they respond, I know that at least they are fairly friendly, but if they don't respond, I can almost guarantee they will be no help in the battle. If I am accidentally pulled in on someone, I apologize if I can and make sure to attack the new enemy I brought in.