Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

It's so frustrating!!!

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 31, 2008

I was not sure whether to post this topic here or in ravenwood, because It may concern both, but I will take my chances here.

Right now I am a level 27 storm wizard and I am trying to get passed the tomb of the beguiler. There is just one little problem. I can't get anybody to help me! Nobody cares enough to help, and I would know, as I have been asking for help for three days already! It's sorta sad, because I try to help every time I can, and yet, at the same time I can't get mad at other players because this game does not revolve around me, and I know that other people have their own things to do. So I understand them, really i do, but what am I suppossed to do???

Why did I write it here and not in ravenwood or in krokotopia (which by the way I have also posted a help wanted ad in there lol) ? I wrote it here because I am trying to stress the importance of having a place in where I can be certain tofind some help whenever I need it. I am trying to do my part and create one such group in the ravenwood forum (it can be found by the name storm school club) but as of now I am not having that much succsess. Is this only a problem that afects me? Am I the only one who searches for help and can not find any even with the friends option?

To the professors : Is the forum the only way to solve this problem? I mean to say, is this the best way to find good help, or is there going to be an in game solution, maybe an improovment to the friends option?
I understand that the friends option was made with the best of intentions, and I want to make myself clear, I LOVE this game. Up until now you guys (and girls) have made an excelent job. However I think this is a serios problem that needs to be adressed. I however may be wrong, this is just my own (frustrated) opinion.

Survivor
Jun 28, 2008
have you tried treasure cards?
fill your teasure card slots in your deck with multiple copies of the same healing spell, the heal over time is 1 pip the direct heal is 2 pips
that way in battle you can discard ans draw and guarrentee a heal spell
this will allow you to survive hard fights when you cannot find help

Defender
Jul 31, 2008
Yeah, that is one of my strategies. My treasure cards are all fairies. Even so, there are some places I would much rather have friends helping, or even astranger who would help. This is one of them, and I simply cant find any.

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
It would be nice to have an in-game bulletin board where you could post if you wanted to group for a particular instance, and find other people who wanted to do the same instance there. Even if that were only for the group-intended areas like Sunken City and Tomb of the Beguiler, it would be nice.

Failing that, a player culture of, if you want to group for an instance, go to realm X would be a partial fix, though publicizing that would be a major pain.

That said, you should be able to solo Tomb of the Beguiler at level 27. Well, maybe 28 would be easier than 27 for a storm wizard, since you get Tempest at 28. I soloed it as a level 28 storm wizard a couple days ago. Remember to use storm prism against the first two bosses, elemental shield against the rest, and let your minion draw some fire. You'll probably have to kill something, die, and run back in several places.

Survivor
May 24, 2008
Hi,
I am not on very often right now (a few hours in the evening and weekends) but had a thought regarding those who want/need quest help.

Perhaps our beloved faculty could give some thought to a "Student Union" within the game (probably in the Commons of Wizard City) that would serve the same function that "taverns" do in other role playing games. Students could go to the Union to find others online at the same time for help with some of the more difficult areas. That way, they won't have to wait two or three days or catch people on the forums to set up a time to meet.

I have completed everything but Kensington and sometimes will go to the Museum in Marleybone to hang out to see if anyone needs help making a run through Big Ben or the Counterweights when I know I have the time to support someone. It would be far better if I could go to a Student Union to see if anyone needs help in other areas.

Defender
Jul 31, 2008
I finally beat the tomb of the beguiler!!! (Major thanks to Elijah and Jason)

That being said, a player sould not have to wait 2 or three days to find help...

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
I have mentioned this several times before in various forums, but this game needs to have a "flag" option, via the user interface, that allows others to see whether or not you are looking for a group.

I have done a bit more thinking, and here is what I came up with. On the "friend tab" in the upper right hand corner of your screen, if one clicks past the All friends, Online friends, Ignored options, one can see a "Help!" list in which it will list all the wizards on the same server that are looking for help.

With the "help" option, a marker is used to determine which kind of help is needed/wanted. Yellow for quest, Red for instances. (Even though, technically, they are all from given quests.)

By the way, this "help" option I am referring to is NOT the "Help!" that players can spam to people on their friend list.

This game would make looking for help a LOT easier. My Death wizard and Myth wizard are both able to do Tomb of the Beguiler now, but instead of breaking any sweat looking for help, I simply moved on with the game. Now both wizards are in Marleybone, continuing their adventure there.