Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is Wizard's Watchtower craftable?

AuthorMessage
Squire
Apr 18, 2013
I think the Fall Scroll has a mistake in offering the Wizard's Watchtower house recipe. I looked everywhere and asked everyone and no one knows where to find the recipe for it. It is in the Crowns shop and sold for crowns or gold, but it's not a recipe. I think this might be a mistake. I hope the game developers can answer this and if it is a craft, provide the recipe for us.

This is the opportunity to remove this non-reward from the Scroll and replace it with an additional castle elixir. This is one of many rewards that should be permanently changed forever. I believe many more wizards will consider buying the Scroll if this is done. This Scroll has many lackluster rewards in it and this arguably tops them all.

I will ask again to make it clear what this Topic is about:
Is there a recipe for Wizard's Watchtower and what is it?

Survivor
Jan 16, 2011
The recipe is given as a reward and is the only way you can obtain it.
It gives another option to get the house.
You can buy the house for gold in crown shop, or craft it with that recipe.

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
Thanks for replying dejanp997.

This house cost 75,000 gold to buy from the crowns shop. The Scroll offering this as a "reward" is ludicrous for many reasons and I hope you'll agree. Let us count the ways.

1- Anyone already owning this house cannot get another on the same character.

2- Anyone with max houses cannot craft any new house without an additional castle elixir.

3- 75,000 gold is not expensive. In fact, this is the cheapest house the Crowns shop offers.

4- A recipe means it's gonna cost us whatever it is to attain all the ingredients to craft it.

5- KI does not give us any caveat warning of the above. I gathered all the items for 1 of the previous Scrolls house craft, only to learn what KI refused to answer (I asked beforehand) - I have 3/3 houses and could not even complete the craft.

I really cannot see any 1 person being thrilled about this "reward". The Summer Scroll that just ended was the best Scroll yet because it had an additional castle elixir.

I hope someone who works at KI will take the time to think about changing this and many of the other way beyond lackluster rewards. I await a conversation with a KI employee on this. Everyone else should feel free to chime in too. Does anyone posting on this site actually like this as a reward or would you prefer the elixir?

Survivor
May 09, 2020
I am agreeing with Semogstel that the Watchtower felt like a ripoff. I was initially excited to get it and spent a great deal of time, trouble and expense to obtain all the reagents. I even used up the braided vines I had been saving for another purpose. And then I went to craft the Watchtower - and discovered that I needed to use up my one and only additional castle elixir.

I didn't expect that. So the Watchtower recipe is not a reward at all, really. It feels like a trick to get us to spend more real money in the crown shop for an additional castle elixir.

To add insult to injury, the Watchtower is a substandard house - there are no hidden areas, no fishing, the walls are already decorated and won't let you apply wallpaper, so you can't decorate it much yourself. There isn't room to put furniture inside because its mostly just hallways. You can't even splash in the water outside.

There are fun features, like a telescope in an upstairs room, but it is non-functional. (How hard would it have been for us to look through it and see something? Maybe random different somethings?) There is a whirlpool and a waterfall, but you can't go to them. C'mon. Let me climb in the water and ride those. Put something worthwhile in that house.

You could totally make this a fun, premium house instead of a ripoff - except of course to the people who already owned it or had to spend additional real money for an elixir to make use of it.

Paying for a scroll to get "rewards" that cost more money is not cool and definitely not family friendly.

Tricking me into using my only elixir for it was just plain mean.

Now that I look, I see people have been expressing disappointment with this house since 2012, so my complaints about the house itself should not be a surprise. They are more of a tradition.

Delver
Jan 30, 2015
For what it's worth, I agree with the position that the Wizards Watchtower was a mis-step.

The argument could be made that it's 7500 Crowns (the cost of the entire Scroll) and so is valuable as one of the myriad rewards.

Personally, I think a more valuable reward would have been the Avalon Castle plot or one of the retired castles.

Just my two cents...

Marcus