Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is it possible to change my chat settings?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 22, 2016
Hello! So, as the title says I'm wondering if I can change my chat settings because I currently have menu chat (which is VERY frustrating). I made my account when I was around 7 or 8 so I had menu chat but now I'm over 13 and I would really like to actually be able to talk to other people in the game. This is an issue for me because it's hard to team up with people because I can't talk to them and communicate to know what strategy to use like am I supposed to attack or defend or pass or give you a blade, which is why I mostly have to play solo which, to be honest, is kind of hard. It also makes it 10x harder to find someone to breed a pet with or even to find a friend. Not only can I not talk to others very well, if they type something (type, meaning it's not something selected from menu chat) I can't read it. And when I used to play with my sister she used to get mad at me because we lost a battle because I was doing the wrong thing (We were questing together with a friend and she plays from her room and I play from the home office which is not close to her room) and she was telling me in the chat what to do and I couldn't tell because it shows up as "...". (That is no longer an issue because she doesn't play anymore but it's just an example of a misunderstanding due to menu chat) so, with all of this said I would like to ask again, if anyone knows how to change chat setting please let me know.

Suri FrostBlade - lvl35

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Survivor
Apr 22, 2016
Thanks for helping! I read the FAQ and followed it but I didn't see the button to change my password so I guess I'll send a support email, heh wish me luck.