Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Invisible Polluted Earth Walkers?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 24, 2009
I am in Mooshu completing a quest to battle Polluted Earth walkers. I cannot see them walking the path but I know they are there because if I stand in the path long enough, I get pulled into a battle with them. They usually actually show up after the first round of the battle. This just started today after the update. Am I the only one (not) seeing this?

Survivor
Dec 23, 2008
Survivor
Aug 29, 2009
no i can not see the either or am i ableto cast a spell on them. i can shield myself but can not cast a spell to damage them.

Survivor
Jun 08, 2009
There must be a bug with the "Earth Elemental" model, my wife and I have both found the same bug on the Earth Elemental boss in Dragonspyre that is part of the quest: No Weaklings Allowed.

In fact it gets Worse: The boss is invisible in the first round, and then un-targetable by spells in the rounds after; some will work on him but most don't and it's random round by round. One round wands can target him, the next they cannot!
Changed realms, same issue. Re-started the game from login, same issue.
I've defeated him on my main wizard so I know this isn't normal behavior for him.

Please Fix!! We're unable to continue the quest-line as we can't even target the boss to take him down.

Survivor
Jun 08, 2009
OOOOKAY

Now the boss Earth Elemental for "No Weaklings Allowed" in Dragonspyre can't be targeted by spells AT ALL.
No wands, no traps, not even any attack spells.
After todays "this will fix it patch" the situation got worse.
So what needs to happen Klinge? 100s of people who can't get past this boss deciding "Hmm. Aion looks like fun..." and stopping their payments to you?

Solve it. Its easy. Next tip: No updates/patches put out on a Wedns.
Do it Monday so you have the week to resolve it before people get upset about their weekend plans to play getting stymied when a quest-line boss is bugged. :x

Survivor
Jun 10, 2009
Yeah - I'm working on this quest, too. No spells will work on the boss at all; however, my minion can target him and cast spells on him.

Please fix....as I cannot continue the quest line at this point without being able to target the boss.

Survivor
Oct 02, 2009
the NPC mossback in kishibe village is also invisible, but you can still talk to him if you get close enough

Survivor
Oct 02, 2009
i forgot to add, if you're having trouble casting on earth walkers, click on the name plate above their heads, that works too

Explorer
Aug 09, 2009
Okay everyone calm down. I went over to the area of the invisible Walkers and you are able to attack them once they become visible after one round of them attacking, when its your turn to attack you move the wand over there upper body or head. I tried this several battles of 4 walkers and was successful every time. I do agree that KI does need to correct this issue though immediately, but this should help out until the next patch comes out.

Survivor
Jun 16, 2009
I'm glad I saw this post.. thought it was so strange.. I cannot see these creatures either! Please fix ASAP!