Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Invisible Character and Mount on client only.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 14, 2010
Only one character on the affected account is having this issue.

One wizard and any mount they equip are invisible on my end only. Everyone in world can see the character and the mounts fine. Any computer I log this character in from has the same issue.

So in gist:

One toon (and their mount), on one account ~ visible to everyone else, invisible to me on my end from any computer I log in on.

Administrator
Sounds like we have a problem item again...

I would like you to do something for me. Please unequip all of your items and relaunch Wizard101. When you log back in, your character should no longer be invisible. Equip each of your items one at a time, checking to see if your character disappears after equipping each one. Please let me know the name of the item that makes your character disappear.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Feb 24, 2011
Professor Greyrose wrote:
Sounds like we have a problem item again...

I would like you to do something for me. Please unequip all of your items and relaunch Wizard101. When you log back in, your character should no longer be invisible. Equip each of your items one at a time, checking to see if your character disappears after equipping each one. Please let me know the name of the item that makes your character disappear.

Im sorry for digging up such an old thread - But it was to save me having to repost the same issue...

But my girl is also suffering from the "Vanished Character" Syndrome now - And i think we believe the particular item doing it.

First the details - Same scenario.... Girl bought a Hat from the Baz - She equipped it and then she vanished - We did your methods and it worked like a charm...Only problem is, The hat was 4k odds Which at our lvl , is alot of monies! lol But anyways - we've tested it again now as im typing, and all her other equipment is now on and working - everything but the hat!

The item is "Bradys Solar Cowl" lvl 25 Hat

So stay away from thus item!

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Same thing happened to my Fire wizard as well. The problem was her hat:

Brady's Solar Cowl

I reported this to Wizard 101's tech support on Monday morning and found the source of the problem with their help yesterday (Tuesday). The hat will not make my character disappear until after she changes location in some way such as going through a door or porting.

Survivor
Sep 14, 2010
@Professor Greyrose

Greetings,

I recently subscribed to the game after a hiatus. I had previously been buying crownes as I went along.

My problem is that my broom isn't appearing beneath me when I ride it. In fact I cannot see anyone's broomstick. I tried the solution you showed previously but it did not work. Is there a fix for my issue? Thanks in advance for your help.