Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Insane Bolt

AuthorMessage
Delver
Aug 15, 2009
Seriously everyone got cool spells, shields and healing. We storm get a spell that kill us how unfair is that?

Explorer
Jul 29, 2009
The new spell "Insane Bolt" is a risky move to choose. Provided of the six times I have used, I have gotten hit with the 10,000 once. This spell is all a game of chance and that's what Wild Bolt is now. A simple game of chance.

There is another dynamic to this spell. This spell does not actually do Storm damage. Instead, it uses Moon damage, which means you can fire straight through those pesky Storm Shields straight to the damage. I personally use this spell as a last ditch attack.

It's not too shabby for 100% accuracy.

Some wizards will use this spell, some will not.

Please don't forget that you also received Supercharge, the strongest charm in the game. Apply that sucker with a good amount of pips, and BAM! You'll have the enemy defeated in no time!

I hope I cleared this up for you.

-tiryea

Survivor
Mar 13, 2011
It's not unfair at all, it's your classes disadvantage. But all of the schools of magic have annoying issues. Like life has less strong attack cards, while storm has extremely powerful attacks.

Defender
Nov 19, 2009
Mastermind
Mar 16, 2010
Daviato wrote:
Seriously everyone got cool spells, shields and healing. We storm get a spell that kill us how unfair is that?
And how is that a bug?

Delver
Aug 15, 2009
Anil235 wrote:
It is fair. It does 1,000 damage to your ENEMYor 10,000 damage to YOU.

Is not really fair going against players who have 3,000 of health, getting hit by 1,000 damage is just a scratch to them.

Why not make Insane Bolt like Immolate, take 500 moon damage and 1,000 moon damage against the enemy and it will cost Four pips not two.

Survivor
Jun 25, 2010
It's not unfair, it's daring. It's better then a Life Spell that heals you by 300 or heals the enemy by 3000!

Delver
Oct 05, 2010
Daviato wrote:
Well insane bolt is actually a very useful move and I will explain how. Insane bolt is not meant for constant use just for a quick kill its meant for the moment where your health is extremely low and it is inevitable that the opponent will finish you off soon. Insane bolt kills him and you win :D. Remember that insane bolt does moon damage so opponents can't shield at all unless they use a tower shield ( unfortunately that also means no blades can work on it except balance or dragon blades ). Insane bolt has a 20% chance of killing you so like I said before don't use it just for a cheap quick kill. Oh and you also got supercharge for that matter great charm just not for pvp takes too long to cast and people can easily get rid of it with a variety of moves. P.S Wild bolt is a great shield breaker :P.