Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

increase and reduce threat spells are broken

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
Recently, it appears that changes were made to the mob's AI - so that they are more intellegent about what cards they play and who they attack. They don't always, as an example, target the first person into the battle like they used to - now they seem to look at the school, level, and possibly even the cards, that the various players in the battle have - and pick their target that way.

Most notifbly, the AI's focus seems single minded now, as it will target a player player and then stay focused on that player till they, or the player, dies.

however

This has broken both taunt, and all the various reduce threat on spells.

Taunt from players or minions now has no effect in changing focus to the one playing the taunt card and none of the various pacify spells shake that focus loose, and make the mob attack someone else.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
(quote) that the various players in the battle have (end quote)

I hate to say this, but this should NEVER be allowed to happen. That offers a HUGE unfair advantage. Im not pointing this at you, but the devs. NOBODY should be allowed to see another's hand without the few spells that allow it. This needs to be removed from the game.

Delver
Jun 10, 2012
For what i've understood,
It's possible some mobs AI choose their target by "looking" at the players hand and focus the most dangerous one.

I don't agree with the NETHER idea, that's a very interesting mechanic that give credit to use taunt, pacify and correct battle order.
Combined with the alternate selection beeing in the 4th spot will no longer be the safest place for hitter
And at the same time drawing a bad hand can save you from beeing insta lock (more than the insta lock storm and fire ignore ices)

A good point for school identity and against alpha striking

BUT if the treats spells are glitched and uneffective to control targets that's unviable

( that concern only PvE not PvP and not all mobs)

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
Stormwind 8108 on Nov 30, 2021 wrote:
For what i've understood,
It's possible some mobs AI choose their target by "looking" at the players hand and focus the most dangerous one.

I don't agree with the NETHER idea, that's a very interesting mechanic that give credit to use taunt, pacify and correct battle order.
Combined with the alternate selection beeing in the 4th spot will no longer be the safest place for hitter
And at the same time drawing a bad hand can save you from beeing insta lock (more than the insta lock storm and fire ignore ices)

A good point for school identity and against alpha striking

BUT if the treats spells are glitched and uneffective to control targets that's unviable

( that concern only PvE not PvP and not all mobs)
Mobs are supposed to determin the biggest threat, and focus on that.

The increase threat and decrease threat on spells are supposed to modify that and change their focus.

Regardless of how they determine who the biggest threat is, the spells that change their idea of the biggest threat aren't working any more