Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Inactivity Bans?

AuthorMessage
A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
I heard rumors that people are starting to get banned for inactivity. Just wanted to make sure this is not a thing that is happening because if someone did nothing wrong and was just taking a break (for whatever reason) that they don't get banned.

Just want to make sure, because I don't want to log in one day and find myself banned just because I've been inactive for a little bit.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
I can't imagine why any business would ban customers who are inactive. How would they benefit? First, they'd have to look up everyone's activity and then decide on some arbitrary length of time and anyone absent that long or longer then they have to go to the trouble of shutting down the account?

No. It's just pointless.

It would make far more sense if they sent inactive members an email saying "hey, we miss you - come back and see what's new!" Right? I mean, they want our money!!! Cutting us off is not going to get them what they want.

Alia Misthaven

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Rachel Dreamsong on Aug 8, 2017 wrote:
I heard rumors that people are starting to get banned for inactivity. Just wanted to make sure this is not a thing that is happening because if someone did nothing wrong and was just taking a break (for whatever reason) that they don't get banned.

Just want to make sure, because I don't want to log in one day and find myself banned just because I've been inactive for a little bit.
I have not heard or seen anyone being banned for inactivity. At most, if your wizard is IDLE you will be kicked off the server after about 10-15 minutes.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
I did not play for almost 2 years at one point, I was fine when I got back, I highly doubt this is a thing.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
Ok look I was scared a little because heard it on a wizard101 youtuber's video that said their was rumors around and I just wanted to make sure this isn't a thing that is happening.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Rachel Dreamsong on Aug 11, 2017 wrote:
Ok look I was scared a little because heard it on a wizard101 youtuber's video that said their was rumors around and I just wanted to make sure this isn't a thing that is happening.
Until something concrete is stated by KI staff, take a lot of what you see on a youtube video with a grain of salt.

As I stated above, the only thing that will happen as long as you have not broken any rules is by being IDLE in the game. Then you will be kicked off the server after about 10-15 minutes but you will be able to log back in.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Rachel Dreamsong on Aug 11, 2017 wrote:
Don't believe everything on the internet.

I have left multiple MMOs in the past, only to login years later and all my characters and status were still there. I don't see why KI would treat their game any different. In fact, there are several posters on these threads even mentioning they have returned after several years...how would that be possible if accounts were banned for inactivity?

What I have noticed is that almost all player's that are banned, will never acknowledge that they did something to deserve it. It is always some excuse (inactivity, "I didn't do anything", "it was only a minor glitch that I exploited for major profits and advantage in this game", etc).

It is a extremely small population that accidentally gets banned for the wrong reason (wrong place/wrong time, human error, etc). A banning is the most serious action a company can institute for an offense, since it effectively removes any potential payment from that customer. They don't take them lightly and they use them when that player is causing more harm to their business than helpful (even potentially their actions outside of the game...just like any other business).

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
My guess is they got banned for account sharing, they never seem to mention in those things that they shared accounts with 10 other "friends".

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
DragonLady1818 on Aug 11, 2017 wrote:
Until something concrete is stated by KI staff, take a lot of what you see on a youtube video with a grain of salt.

As I stated above, the only thing that will happen as long as you have not broken any rules is by being IDLE in the game. Then you will be kicked off the server after about 10-15 minutes but you will be able to log back in.
As I said it was rumors, and just wanted something stated by KI.

Turns out there was another reason for the mass bans that happened, but it wasn't inactivity (not logging into the game for a long time)